Post YOUR Hatchback here
By dmar13
egsedanguy wrote:Hey bro I know who it feels. My sedan was stolen the first night at my new apartment. I was so pissed off I even yelled at the sheriff on the phone. CHP found it 3 months later fully in tack. But I had already cashed out on it and bought a ek coupe. Did a b 20 swap wit gsr trans. Needless to say I was not able to buy it back in the 24 hours they gave me. So what I'm say en is you never know. Mabry sum punk joy ride it like mine. Just keep an eye out on Craigslist. Look for the parts in local and any were within a 100 mile radius. Hope it turns up bro.

how much did they offer for you to buy your civic back?
By egsedanguy
dmar13 wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:Hey bro I know who it feels. My sedan was stolen the first night at my new apartment. I was so pissed off I even yelled at the sheriff on the phone. CHP found it 3 months later fully in tack. But I had already cashed out on it and bought a ek coupe. Did a b 20 swap wit gsr trans. Needless to say I was not able to buy it back in the 24 hours they gave me. So what I'm say en is you never know. Mabry sum punk joy ride it like mine. Just keep an eye out on Craigslist. Look for the parts in local and any were within a 100 mile radius. Hope it turns up bro.

how much did they offer for you to buy your civic back?

I got like 2600$ for it. They gave me 24 hours to get it out. 1 chance. I was super broke and no body could help. If they gave me like a week I could have sold the ek and got it out. They usually don't even let you know if the car is recoverd after you cash out. CHP called me. If they hadn't towed it from where it was found I could have drove it home and put into hiding. It was a really bad time :x
By egsedanguy
dmar13 wrote:just curious, what kind of precautions did you guys take before your cars were stolen?

and no lie for like the first few weeks I actually had nightmares of my civic getting stolen.

Unfortunately I had nothing. I lived at a house and was always blocked by another car. The move happens on short notice. I had bought a new viper alarm the day befor. Along with a fuel cutoff switch to install. My car was stolen in less the 5 hours. Between 2 am and 7am. But I have the viper alarm in my hatch now. Let's just say you can't look at it without going off. Also did some other things to make it harder to get in. Just not gonna say :wink: