Post YOUR Hatchback here
By wayneR
#254562 The car is another EG Civic was a 1.3 duel carb engine but it was a rolling shell when i bought it a couple months ago but now it's a fully forged D16 ESI turbo conversion.

Will let the progress speak for what ive done so far....

This is the car as i bought it. No engine, wiring, seats etc etc had no suspension on but i had some struts laid about from other civic's me and my m8 was working on, so stuck them on so i could get it rolling

Bought a Spoon carbon spoiler

The D16 esi engine

Took the engine apart and fitted some Eagle rods and forged pistons 8.5.1 ratio, sorry no pic's of the engine been built up forgot my camera that day.

My lass bought me a 6 puck clutch and alloy flywheel for crimbo

Skunk2 inlet manifold

70mm TB

Compared the difference between the ESI TB and the 70mm TB

690cc Percission Injectors & AEM fuel rail

Sent the Inlet manifold away to be ported for the 70mm TB and fitted the engine andgearbox into the car. Also painted the engine up ready for this.

Stripped my cam cover and painted it up

Bought myself a Nice Garett turbo 63/63AR - wastegate & thermal inlet gasket

Got a cheap cast manifold and fitted them to the engine with some Black Tegiwa silcon hoses

Stripped all the cars sound deadening as this is just extra weight ( front and rear )

Got my inlet back and fitted it to the engine

Also picked up some coilover and fitted them but no pic's, i'm also doing a full engine bay wire tuck with brake tuck and have moved the battery and washer bottle into the back of the car
By wayneR
#254563 Couple bits arrived today for the car, which will give me sumit to do over the weekend :cool:

Large intercooler and piping

Mini Ram manifold insted of the crappy cast one i had originally fitted

4 bar Hondata sensor

Go-autoworks black billet vacum log

Been a busy bee and fitted all the intercooler setup, map sensor, turbo, manifold but rain has stopped play for the time been.
Had a couple problems with the intercooler piping as it was to short with it been connected to a different/shorter inlet manifold but sorted that just by extending it a couple inches

Just on modding the front bumper but will finish it off tomorrow, it'll give me sumit to do
By Loki_95EG
#254568 Good job man!! You put in some work!!
:thumb:
By chris_barnes
#254570 Wow, very nice project. The turbo seems quite huge. What is the expected power for this setup?
By wayneR
#254578 Cheers lads
Sill plenty more today yet, ful car respray aswell thinking of Black with a Gold flip into it. then there's wheels, exhaust & mapping.....

Hoping for about 400bhp :wink: ( not sure how that calculates into WHP )
By wayneR
Boods wrote:Nice build man! Love it. where abouts in the UK you based?

North East m8
By jayEGR
#254598 :thumb:
all i can say is iam jelious of your build man ,i wish i can rebuild a motor and do a turbo setup :hehe: cant wait to see the results
By wayneR
#257165 Not alot of an update as things going slow at the moment with the car.

Angle eye headlights ( swapped these for the standard headlights and indicators i had fitted ) and modified the front bumper for the intercooler & pipeing.

sound denening stripped out and cleaned up with good old thiners, what a messy job it was.

second coat, almost done

all clean

And repainted up with Satin Black

By wayneR
JUICE wrote:lookin good man :thumb:

cheers, still plenty more to do but it's just finding the time to do it
Still hoping for the car to be fully finished before the summer is over :wink:
By Honda4life
#257276 Lovin the project and updates. Keep us posted. How big is that turbo? How much psi are you gonna run? I like the setup.
By andyc
#257483 its lookin good mate, reckon youll get it to Mimms part 2??
By 1ACarlos
#257704 Good job
By kapow
#257848 Engine looking mean as!

Looks good mate