Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ghskid06
#253916 Here's the new hatch. Finally got one.

Engine Mods:
d16y8
Header
full exhaust
Cheap intake

Exterior:
carbon tailgate
rota slips

Interior:
real short throw shifter
del sol grey strip seats
custom spare tire cover

Just had the drivers qp welded in. Needs a driver door and a pass fender.
Carbon hatch and the rotas off the sol.

Have some plans for it. Not sure when ill get around to it.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
By ghskid06
#253961 Didnt have a lot of time to post last night.
Heres some more about the car.

It has a y8 in it that i think was converted to obd1.
The swap wasnt done very well however and the car isnt running all that great. So ill be spending the next few days looking things over and figuring out what it needs to make it run right.

It has a z6 dizzy and the d15b7 engine harness. I know it has the wrong ecu, and it has a one wire o2 sensor in. However i pulled the p28 out of the sol and it didnt change the way it ran. Ill post updates on that as i figure more out.

The interior is very clean and also complete except for the cargo cover. The body work was done well and only needs minimal work before its ready to paint.
Also has a full custom exhaust with a magnaflow exhaust, which i will be replacing with something less noisy.

Ill post more pictures later today.
By ghskid06
1995db7 wrote:car is coming along nicely,i just noticed the car wash lol i go there once in a blue

haha, nice. Yea i was one my way home when the motor started getting a little hot. Figured the thermostat was stuck shut so i went to the nearest car was to pull it out.
By Punksz6
#253977 :thumb:
By ghskid06
LaosToaster wrote:blue rotas ftw :thumb:

Yes! lol. I doubt they are going to stay blue though. Im debating polished or flat black. Turns out the sol looks pretty good with steelies on it anyway.

Worked on my car for about two hours today. Im going to give up on getting it to run right for the moment. It has a p05 ecu which could be the problem, i couldnt say because i dont have experience with sticking the wrong ecu's in cars. It could also be the z6 dizzy on a y8 head. But its probably a combination of these things.

Anyway as i mentioned the car got a little hot on the way home. I discovered that the thermostat housing was cracked. Not the outer housing either the one that bolts directly to the block. Does ANYONE know where you can find these new or used (besides a junkyard)?

I think the plan for now is to get a new motor and rebuild this one. So anyone around me, im on the lookout for a z6.

Took the head off just to have a look (because it got a little hot). Motor doesnt seem to be in too bad of shape. Compression results were 150 145 150 155.

Here is some more of the car as it is currently sitting.
That cardboard box has my headbolts in it. Good way to store them so you dont get their positions messed up.

Dont worry that red paint on those interior peices is coming off.
And i think the door panel inserts are fiberglassed...not sure what i think about that yet. Im just glad they arent RED
By ghskid06
#254132 Anyone know where I can get that ^ part of the thermostat housing?
By 603 jdm
#254134 try rockauto.com? they seem to have alot of parts just look it up as if its from the originl car tht motor came from.
By ghskid06
603 jdm wrote:try rockauto.com? they seem to have alot of parts just look it up as if its from the originl car tht motor came from.

Nope they don't have it. It an unusual part. They do have good process though. I'm going to have to check them out more often.
By 603 jdm
#254136 oh that sucks, i cant really think of anything else to check out for it.
By ghskid06
#254137 That's fine. Im pretty sure its the same on all dseries and were swapping a z6 into my cousins car tomorrow so I'm going to pull it off his b7.
By 603 jdm
#254157 yeah the only thing that might make thediference is that the y8's obd2 b7 is obd1 im sure it will be the same though. and since ur gettin rid of that exhaust u wanna sell the muffler or axleback piece if is 2 1/4? haha
By ghskid06
#254162 ill cehck the size. Not sure when ill get rid of it though. If i remember correctly (cant check at the moment because the car is not here) it was either 2 or 2 1/4.

Yeah it is obd2 but i think it still has the same coolant stuff.

Also i found something rather silly. They had the o2 sensor wire hooked up to the vtec solinoid...even though its a dx harness they thought there was a plug for vtec?? lol.
By 603 jdm
#254165 alrighty sounds good, i kinda like my thrush for right now ha, and yeah that does sounds pretty funny to me they mustve beensome real smart people mechanic wise haha