Post YOUR Hatchback here
By hambone089
#252186 so this has been a long time coming, i joined the forum a while ago, but ive been pretty lazy about posting about my car. but im out of school and working as a mechanic now, so its time to start getting the hatch ready for autoX. ive got a few pics and im planning a photoshoot, so i should have more pics soon, ill just post them as soon as i get em.
unfortunately the enkei rims in these pics are done. i hit a pothole on the highway a couple months ago and destroyed on of them. so if anybodys wants 3 enkei rs6 wheels from the late 90s, let me know, there cheap. now my rims are black, but i wont have pics till i do my photoshoot.

current mods
-15x7 MB drifter wheels
-kuhmo ecsta AST tires
-cherry bomb turbo muffler
-CAI
-MSD superconductor ignition
-got a d16z6 vtec motor front end swap, which gives it Si suspension and brakes, not much difference but the brakes are a bit bulkier
-slowly replacing all of the bushings

stuff ive got and am getting ready to install
-rear disk brakes conversion off a teg
-drilled disks
-hawk racing pads
-steel braided brake lines

ive got plans for doing suspension, exhaust, and hopefully fixing the rust problem this summer

anyways, heres the pics

its a shame about the rims, but i do really like my new ones. ill get more pics up soon.
Last edited by hambone089 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:wow I forget how high these cars are stock! You've got a great start though... that's not a rust problem at all :thumb:

x2

Very Rare to see a Hatch from Ohio, or the middle east for that part with no Rust.
By hambone089
#252206 Unfortunately those pics are from last summer. A shoddy paint job from the previous owner was covering my rust problem. Drivers sides fine, but the passenger rear quarter is gettin bad. Im gonna get those panels from fix-my-rust.com. hopefully she wont sit stock much longer...
By Loki_95EG
#252223 Anxious to see more pictures... I remember when my car sat that high... I hated it!
By hambone089
HAFIL0_EG wrote:nice hatch champ, how's the progress coming along with it?

Thanks, right now progress us slow, i hope once i get all my projects started it will pick up. Im pretty busy apprenticing at toyota right now. But i bought all my brake parts and will probly have my eibach pro system here in 2-3 weeks. My goal is to tackle both the brake conversion and shocks and springs the same day. We'll see how it goes.
By hambone089
#252491 alright, well heres a bit of an update. got a couple pics of my new rims, no photoshoot yet though, lol. i also threw in pics of all the new parts ive got my hands on. now im just waiting to buy the eibach pro system to install everything :thumb:

well heres the pics

she looks good at night...

old rim vs. new rim comparison

heres what im working with in the engine bay

LOOK! RUST! :thumbdown:

the rest are new parts though :thumb:
rear disk conversion off a teg

new trailing arm bushings, very necessary

pics upside down, but those are hawk pads

russel steel braided brake lines

rototech drilled rotors

and thats my new toolbox i bought for work! :thumb: snap-on makes me happy!

well thats all for now, ill be updating after i get a nice day to take more pics and then again when i get the new shocks and springs. maybe ill even do a DIY on the whole install... maybe.
By hambone089
#252783 taking my new trailing arms into the shop with me today to press in the new bushings and drill out a LCA bolt that snapped. wish me luck :woot: