Post YOUR Hatchback here
By NoyBubble
#249292 Well, this is my first Honda build.. well, my first Honda ever actually. It is a 1995 Honda Civic CX Hatch.

Current specs:
1.5L SOHC non-VTEC Engine
5 Speed Manual
Neuspeed 4-2-1 Header
Cat-back Magnaflow Exhaust
KYB GR2 Struts
Neuspeed Lowering Springs
Pilot Motorsports Rear Strut Tower Bar
Superbar Front Strut Tower Bar
Brand new 14" Steelies w/ Winters
New OEM Front Bumper

Just brought her home on April 8th, 2011 and began cleaning her out. First started with emptying out the hatch of all spare parts and sorting out what was being kept and what wasn't. Removed the rear seats and plastic panels, will be keeping the rear seats and panels out perm. unless I decide to put them in later. Front seats & carpet were removed. The sound deadening came out just by picking at it.. Only took 3 minutes..

Once the interior was apart, I started taking apart the engine a bit. It's being removed, Transmission as well. Getting the car stripped down to have body work and paint.

That's about it for now..
Will continue cleaning and getting the motor prepped for removal.

Here are some pics of the first afternoon working on her..

By Punksz6
#249294 Nice, what color are u gonna paint it? :)
By Loki_95EG
#249545 A little rough... but give it time... she is gonna be a beauty!! Keep us posted!!
By NoyBubble
#255875 Alright so I am long over due for an update :)

It's proven to be difficult but really the problem has been mother nature. All this rain we have been receiving is driving me mental. Hopefully the weather clears up for a few days or longer would be nicer and more things can get done.

So the last place I left off was when the car was moved and the interior was stripped...

Decided I was going to clean up the engine bay which included the valve cover because it was disgusting. Removed any extra wiring I wasn't going to use..

Had a wicked few days at the wreckers and some people selling parts came through for me, so I have pretty much everything I need..

Since then the starter has been installed, rebuilt alternator, all wiring that wasn't there to begin with, Interior is re-assembled.. and then began the body work starting with the front fenders..

Decided to attempt the drivers side wheel well first... Replaced with metal, Re-enforced with bondo glass and then light filler.

End result.. It's a little off..

Engine is re-assembled and finished. Used Duplicolor Krinkle Black for the Valve Cover. New gasket & seals from Honda and NGK V-Powers because I could :P

and for the last part of the update, which was for yesterday.. I picked up a 5zigen muffler for super cheap, took it to a friend, got it welded and put it back on the car ... It's flush, doesn't stick past the bumper at all. Exactly what I wanted.

That's it for now :) As soon as the weather gets better, the pass. side wheel well will be taken care off and hopefully the car will be ready for paint and a new windshield.
By NoyBubble
#255876 Oh and to answer an above question about paint... For now I am going to just re-spray it the colour it is currently where it is needed. Eventually I will get a proper paint job with the proper, professional body work and then it will be sprayed Berlina Black :)
By kapow
#255896 Nice work. Interior looks grand! Keep us updated!
By chrono404
#255908 Looks like a good project car. Do you plan on keeping the stock engine/tranny and enjoying its fuel economy or are you going to swap in something quicker?
By NoyBubble
chrono404 wrote:Looks like a good project car. Do you plan on keeping the stock engine/tranny and enjoying its fuel economy or are you going to swap in something quicker?

If I know myself as well as I think I do... I doubt this engine will stay in the car for very long. I have been looking at the d16z6 swap, and will probably boost that engine down the road. :)
By NoyBubble
#257164 So during this time of resurrecting the hatch, I have been going about the body work the cheap way by using rivets, bondo and bondo glass. Deep down I really did not want to go about it that way but at the time, it seemed like an alright thing to do and I knew I could pull it off and it wouldn't look bad.. BUT... I came across a wicked deal on replacement panels and I just couldn't pass it up...

It's looking like the rain will finally stop and I will have a few days of great weather to be able to get these welded on.

They are the opposite of what I needed because the full quarter is for the drivers side which really just needs the arch panel.. and vice versa. So I think I'll cut out the "arch" shape out of the full quarter and adapt whatever is left for the passenger side where it is needed.

Although I enjoyed the time spent learning to work with the glass and bondo, I was not looking forward to attempting it on the pass. side. So this cuts all the work down in half and will be able to get the car painted sooner than later.. and instead of again just touching up the car with the original colour, I now have access to a booth so it will be properly prepared and painted, Berlina Black.

:)
By NoyBubble
#260071 More things have been accomplished since my last update--->

The hood latch that was originally on the car was all bent out of shape, so I was able to find one that was fine at a local wreckers, installed it with a new hood release cable and it works great.

I gave up on trying to wiggle the hell out of the steering wheel to get it to un-lock so I found someone parting out a 93 Civic Si, and bought the entire steering assembly, took off the ignition cylinder and replaced my broken one with it. Nice to finally have that working properly.

At the same time, I was banging my head on how I was going to fix the bondo cracking in the old hood, decided to pick up a used, rust free hood from the same Si I grabbed the ignition cylinder from... Looks WAY better!

I also found a new set of wheels, well.. not new but they are Acura EL "Turtle" rims. I removed the ugmo Acura center cap and replaced them with new Honda caps. I will be touching up the rims as they have some obvious wear and tear on them but I think they will do the trick once I get new tires for them. I plan on buying nicer rims next summer and using the Acura wheels for the winter.

Over the past few weeks, er.. month.. I have been tossing the idea of finding a tail gate in better shape than mine, but I am running out of things to do on the Civic, so I figured I'd take a shot at fixing it for the time being so it will pass safety and will do the trick until I can afford a Carbon one.

The beginning...

Their were quite a few dents and dings in it.. I also decided to shave the key lock as well, since the location of it bothered me and I'd most likely never open it from the outside.

Had some fun with bondo glass... Annoying to sand off.

After sanding.. but needed to add more to certain spots..

Just this past weekend, I was able to work on the tail gate some more, finished sanding the bondo glass, applied light coats of filler to the spots that needed it and applied the first coat of primer. I again forgot to get glazing putty so the bondo wouldn't absorb the primer.. Ah well.. Ran out of primer so only got the first coat done, need to fix some imperfections, but should have it all done by the end of the week, hopefully. Perhaps it'll be the first part of the car that will be completely. It would be nice.

That is all for now :)

Still need to buy a battery, get the windshield replaced and I have decided that I am going to get new front rotors & pads instead of getting the current one's turned.