Post YOUR Hatchback here
By kapow
#244644 Hi, i'm Shane from east coast Australia.
I own a black EG4 (Civic GLi)

Engine
- B16A from a EK SiRII (all EK running gear, engine, gearbox, axles)
- P2T ECU
- NGK iridium spark plugs
- Magnetic oil drain plug
- Hondata intake gasket
- ASI aluminium radiator
- Yowaii-SS radiator cooling plate
- XForce twin loop muffler from cat back

Exterior
-EG6 yellow foglights
-Spoon V2 front lip

Interior
- OEM EG cupholders
- OEM EG armrest

Wheels / suspension
- 15" lenso samurai rims
- Beaks subframe tie-bar
- Blox lower control arms

Last edited by kapow on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 37 times in total.
By kapow
#244646 D15B7 is not a bad engine but I wanted a engine that has a bit more power/potential, so I found this B16A from Japan through japan auto wreckers queensland for $3000. Only 86,000kms on engine with power steering and air con FTW!! :D

Before I signed up to civic-eg, I had no mechanical knowledge on how to do an engine swap, but thanks to you guys I done it in under 3 weeks which I think is not a bad effort

Too much work,.. so tired :(

Temporary transport while my car is off the road :D

Last edited by kapow on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By arturwwa
#244647 wow thats nice (both car and i bike - i used to have a bmx as well but sold it). it needs lowering, and imho a different set of wheels.

but the engine - Image
By *Miss_Honda*
#244652 Nice, black one :hehe:
Whoa.. i want a better engine too! B18c4 ftw!
Maybe in the future.. i rather drive D-serie turbo at this moment to beat the B18 from my b/f
:D
By kapow
*Miss_Honda* wrote:Nice, black one :hehe:
Whoa.. i want a better engine too! B18c4 ftw!
Maybe in the future.. i rather drive D-serie turbo at this moment to beat the B18 from my b/f
:D

Definitely get a B18C4!! I would but they're so expensive here :(

Do you think our cars look kinda similar? :thumb:
By *Miss_Honda*
#244655 Yeah.. my problem too
I want to get one from the UK but then again.. you dont know what you get :? my b/f has a very healthy B18c4 from a dutch MB6 and after a tune it has 1999 HP with barely mods :thumb:
I want the same but dont take that risk now im saving money for a house and that kind of stuff..

Haha a little bit, that lips turns it to a whole new front :D
By kapow
#244656 Bought an XForce twin loop muffler, not sure if it's a known brand in the states but it's an Australian brand FTW! High quality welds, I highly recommend it! :thumb:

2.25" from the cat back

Also installed Beaks tie rod bar, I noticed a slight increase in stiffness in the rear. Looks kind of poser without the sway bar, need to get one soon.

Last edited by kapow on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kapow
*Miss_Honda* wrote:Yeah.. my problem too
I want to get one from the UK but then again.. you dont know what you get :? my b/f has a very healthy B18c4 from a dutch MB6 and after a tune it has 1999 HP with barely mods :thumb:
I want the same but dont take that risk now im saving money for a house and that kind of stuff..

Haha a little bit, that lips turns it to a whole new front :D

Haha you're right, the lip makes it look like it nearly covers the whole bar, I like the mugen lip but this one is a bad replica, only lasted 4 weeks :(
By HAFIL0_EG
#244659 lovin the eg4 b16 hatch :thumb: i'm bout to travel the same path ur down, any dramas in the swap i.e loom or plumbing? cheers for any pointers u can throw my way :)
By kapow
HAFIL0_EG wrote:lovin the eg4 b16 hatch :thumb: i'm bout to travel the same path ur down, any dramas in the swap i.e loom or plumbing? cheers for any pointers u can throw my way :)

Thanks mate, because my engine came from an EK civic SiR OBD2A, I had to modify/change plugs on the loom like

- alternator
- injectors or use OBD1 injectors
- extend/change IAT sensor (depends if you want it on intake manifold or intake piping)
- modify distributor or buy adapter
- add vtec
- add knock sensor
- add 4 wire o2 sensor
- buy ecu adapter or buy OBD1 ecu

Most of it was a bit of a headache, but well worth it in the end. If you want a straight drop in with minimal to no mods, I suggest you get a B16 from an EG SiR or any B series engine from any DC Integra, less dramas that way.

Plumbing? I noticed the radiator hoses on B16 are 2mm bigger then D15B7 hoses which feels a bit lose, but if you make sure your hose clamps are tight enough it should be okay to use your stock radiator.
By HAFIL0_EG
kapow wrote:
HAFIL0_EG wrote:lovin the eg4 b16 hatch :thumb: i'm bout to travel the same path ur down, any dramas in the swap i.e loom or plumbing? cheers for any pointers u can throw my way :)

Thanks mate, because my engine came from an EK civic SiR OBD2A, I had to modify/change plugs on the loom like

- alternator
- injectors or use OBD1 injectors
- extend/change IAT sensor (depends if you want it on intake manifold or intake piping)
- modify distributor or buy adapter
- add vtec
- add knock sensor
- add 4 wire o2 sensor
- buy ecu adapter or buy OBD1 ecu

Most of it was a bit of a headache, but well worth it in the end. If you want a straight drop in with minimal to no mods, I suggest you get a B16 from an EG SiR or any B series engine from any DC Integra, less dramas that way.

Plumbing? I noticed the radiator hoses on B16 are 2mm bigger then D15B7 hoses which feels a bit lose, but if you make sure your hose clamps are tight enough it should be okay to use your stock radiator.

sweet cheers for that kapow :) i sourced a EG6 SiR front cut from my work so hopefully its gonna be a fairly straight forward swap but i'm goin from twin carb to twin cam lol :lol:
By 1ACarlos
#244673 Nice and in black my favorite car color.
By {ikon}EM1
*Miss_Honda* wrote: my b/f has a very healthy B18c4 from a dutch MB6 and after a tune it has 1999 HP with barely mods

1999hp???!!! :shock: [/b]
By Dirtonaboi
#244692 Nice Hatch, it's CLEAN!