Post YOUR Hatchback here
By kapow
#272161 Image
By kapow
#298026 Haven't done much really, got a new job but the pay isn't too good.

Bought this AUDM B18C2 block for $300 with only 220,000kms on it, going to rebuild it with Type R pistons, so hopefully it will pump out similar numbers to a B18C7 or maybe more, I don't have many options on a stand alone ECU so i'll just run it on a type r map on a phearable ecu.

According to wiki, the JDM B18C pumps out 147kw (197hp) Can't wait to put this puppy in!

I'm pretty lucky finding this block, seeing that you can only find it in AUS/NZ and even here it's hard to find, kind of a rare gem xD

I only have 2 options for a gearbox, an LS gearbox or a b16 gearbox? What should I use?
Last edited by kapow on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
By JUICE
#298032 you definitely want the B16. the LS has too long of gears for a high revving motor like that, unless you're going for good gas mileage
By Civic_HatchSI
#298076 or you could go with a b16 tranny and put the ls 5th gear in. That way you have your short gears and better fuel mileage on the highway :thumb:

nice pick up on the block btw! gsr ftw :D
By kapow
Civic_HatchSI wrote:or you could go with a b16 tranny and put the ls 5th gear in. That way you have your short gears and better fuel mileage on the highway :thumb:

nice pick up on the block btw! gsr ftw :D

Exactly what I was thinking! Cheers bud :)
By kapow
#312213 Cars a bit dirty, did a mini shoot anyway.

By dbrooks
#312214 Nice! :hehe:

Can't you use the throttle cable from an EK or something and it won't go around your whole bay? I think I saw something like that on here before. Haha

P.s. Let's play some BF3. I just got premium :thumb:
By kapow
dbrooks wrote:Nice! :hehe:

Can't you use the throttle cable from an EK or something and it won't go around your whole bay? I think I saw something like that on here before. Haha

P.s. Let's play some BF3. I just got premium :thumb:

Not too sure but all RHD Hondas have the cable that loops around the whole engine, but might get a shorter one.

Dougie, you're suppose to buy MW3 not BF3 Premium!
By Punksz6
#312305 :thumb:
By kapow
#318021 Lately been working flat. Bought this mint Integra DA with only 180,000kms for $300 of this stoner kid, the way I found it was in a ditch, he said he was in a police chase and left the car there.
It has a Spoon strut bar and Feels intake which is quite rare to find these days

- Going to be doing a rear disc brake rebuild/swap, adding DBA drilled and slotted discs
- 13mm rear sway bar, and other bolts and pieces from the engine

I'm practically just pulling the engine out, using what I need then sell the shell or scrap it for easy cash

Slow and low KMs B18A! Notice the Feels intake arm on the left.

Spoon!!

Been finding some cheap spare parts lately

Added a Spoon wing!

Found a standard exhaust from a Holden Commodore all the way out in the bush. Going to use the 2.25 flange and remake my exhaust with either a Spoon street muffler or oem ITR muffler

Currently my new engine is being built at the moment, should be picking it up next week, my future set up will consist of

B18C2 block
PR3 pistons
P72 rods, crank and flywheel (all balanced)
B16A head (to port and polish, that is the question)
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams/springs, maybe retainers.

I have about 3 spare sets of rims now, so might do some track days in Sydney, can't wait :D
By rootbeer_eg
#321680 are those headlights on the da one piece?

and good score on the 300 dollar teg