Post YOUR Hatchback here
By HAFIL0_EG
#319163 Back to business, i finally managed to get time off work from stripping out cars to strip down my EG6 front cut :woot: i've also swapped back to my 15'" Gramlights with fresh rubber. here's some pic's and more blah blah to go with them

rollin on Gramlights again

rode the hatch solo for a while :P Image

my hatch at work

scored an Apexi neo afc out of a Skyline at work :P

time to strip the EG6 front cut, its only taken 18 months to get time off to actually do it lol

front cut on the hoist to pull the motor and trans out

unbolted everthing and lifting off the bodywork

she's out and ready to take home :woot:

engine and front cut finally home and ready for prepping

water pump and timing belt kit came in the other day, changed out front cam seals and front main seal while the timing cover is off, had a hell of a time cracking the crank pulley bolt. I braced the flywheel with a length of chain attached to the block and used my 1/2"breaker bar with 4 foot long cheater bar attached

going to be running B20 exhaust manifold for the meantime as i only had the cast primary runners and not the secondary runners

changing out the water pump

new water pump, tensioner pulley, front cam seals, front main seal and timing fitted upto the B16

in the next couple of weeks i'll have the cam cover sand blasted and have it painted up in red crinkle paint

well thats it from me for the meantime
By gtstripes
#319220 yeah man done hard haha all good, dodgy copper he was, im bringing it back to stock and selling my ferio parts because everything is illegal apparently.. and i thought melbourne coppers were fucked lol

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By HAFIL0_EG
#319293 A lil something something came in the mail today :P

not much else to report with the hatch build up atm apart from give the B16 a decent clean with degreaser n old toothbrush over this weekend
By HAFIL0_EG
#319779 not much done lately, only managed to install the skunk2 cam seal over the weekend and degrese the motor. And tonight after work i began to remove the 0bd1 loom out of the EG6 half cut, so dash is out and heater boxes it tempts me to take out and leave out the heat n a/c out of the hatch n go ultra light but still want a lil comfort on hot days and cold nights

cam cover off
getting stuck into it
removing the old cam seal
not the best pic but new skunk2 cam seal in its place

will have pics of the half cut wiring being stripped out in the next couple of days
By HAFIL0_EG
#319866 thanks bigJOE

stripped out the 0bd1 loom out of the half cut after work tonight and discovered that i have to do some cut n shut work with LH door loom as they cut it when they removed the door :/ otherwise a fairly straight forward removal.

stripping out the half cut

loom removed from behind the dash

0bd1 loom out of the half cut, still need to remove the RH side for spares

further stripping of the half cut will happen over the rest of this week
By HAFIL0_EG
#320818 not much going on with the hatch lately due to Christmas only being round the corner, but did finally got round to have the cam cover sand blasted and painted up :)

here's the cam cover thats seen better daysImage

oil filler cap and spark plug lead brackets removed ready for the sand blasters

back from the sand blasters, only cost me a 6 pack of Jack Daniels n Cola = AU$30

all masked up and ready for paint

VHT wrinkle plus paint freshly added

end product :)

cam cover fitted back up to the motor
By onibakagaijin
#320834 Very nice with the cover. Slow but steady wins the race and your build looks good :thumb:
By kapow
#320839 Valve cover looks mint!
By HAFIL0_EG
#321173 Thanks guys, got some time off of work up my sleeve and decided that a semi wire tuck is next on the cards. I only wish to tuck the headlight wiring so far, I will also paint up the factory eg6 strut brace in red crinkle just to freshen things up a bit as well as make good use of the can of red paint.

Ill post up pics of further progress as things get done.