Post YOUR Hatchback here
By TNFBandit
#241438 ok, so i've been lurking for a little bit now and asking some questions. i figured it was time to post up my ride and see what you all have to think about it. its going to be a slow build as i'm in the military and broke, and living in ND its cold for a long time...

a little about my Honda history. i've owned a 89 CRX USDM with lots and lots of EDM parts as i lived in Germany with it, had to sell it cause i got divorced. also owned a 04 EP3 Si, raced around the Ring in it (truly amazing) and shipped it back to America. got back here and the spark plug blew up and destroyed the engine, couldn't afford a new engine so i sold it.

thats what leads me to where i am now...missed having a Honda and so i found an 92 civic hatch VX. i just had to save it from the rednecks so i bought it and here is what im working with

gotta love the flames [smilie=puke.gif]
yep B18B mated to a S80 LSD...thats the main reason i bought it

so i know it needs lots of body work, but thats probably going to be next year. this year i'm just trying to get the engine running...i want it running smooth in time for summer, about 2 months away

goal for next weekend is to put on my power doors
and i have a POS aftermarket header comming in so i can put in an O2 sensor and get rid of the last CEL i have.

does anybody know what kind of seat this is, is it a stock EG seat? it's really cozy while driving.

for the future...
the ultimate goal is to hopefully go back to germany and race the Ring again but this time in VX'd and so i have a motivator in my garage for me and the car

but other future mods hopefully include...
1. get runnung like it should
2. get body fixed and painted...White
3. carbon fiber hood/roof/spoiler
4. newer suspesion
then after all thats done i'll work on the interior

let me know what you think. any ideas are welcome
Last edited by TNFBandit on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dustin
#241444 That looks like an early 90's Accord seat
By Classiccarsrule85
#241527 i know that seat because i both had one and was about to put one in my crx its a 1986ish prelude seat probaly custom mounted but they are also close to the 1991 on down prelude seats

anyhow goodluck with the hatch looks like a good start
By TNFBandit
#242720 small update, got the bumper off and drivers side fender. also got my ebay header on, now i have to work on wiring up the O2 sensor. too cold to change the doors this weekend, hopefully it will be warmer next weekend so i can get them on and wired up
By TNFBandit
#244894 finally got the doors on, but almost froze in the process, its not that its cold but the wind was just comming straight into my garage. but the white doors are on and still need to be wired up.

also trying to get it running right you can read about that here
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0

thats the update for today

thanks for looking
By dbrooks
#244927 hey man....just wanted to let you know that your hoods on fire...........

hahaha nah! looks like a nice start man! good job saving it from the good ol' boys! :thumb:
By TNFBandit
dbrooks wrote:hey man....just wanted to let you know that your hoods on fire...........

hahaha nah! looks like a nice start man! good job saving it from the good ol' boys! :thumb:

HAHAHAHAHA...i know, but i cant put it out, but i was thinking about actually painting some flames on the fenders to match until i can get a good paint job. LOL!

but thanks.

here's the doors on and they fit like a glove and i think they look good dirty but good.
and now i have to figure out how to make the 2 wire chasis harness match the more than 2 wire door harness

and here are my DIY amber corners that i will be putting on when im putting it all back together

thanks for looking
By TNFBandit
#249318 so a little update...put on my mirrors, replaced the pass side lock switch on the inside, and took the black door handles off my old doors so i can put them on the white ones when i get the power windows moving.

waiting on an intake from JUICE so i can replace my injectors and TB hoping it will stop dumping fuel :thumb:

keep ya'll posted as this is a super slow build cause i'm broke :thumbdown:
By TNFBandit
#264458 ok, so its been a minute since i have posted here...i'm currently deployed to Iraq...but before i left i rebuilt my bottom end (i had about 100 PSI per cylinder for compression) and get it running and then one of my fuel lines busted and i got orders. so my little baby is sitting in my garage waiting for me to get home and fix her. but thats my update for now. :thumb: