Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 92_eghatch
#242460 Image

stayed up until 6AM putting my car back together. wasn't tired so...why not lol. LOOKS WAY BETTER.

when i took the intake off the intake gasket was broke in half. (was going to replace it with this, but didn't pan out right. still have to do it...) i noticed the shape of the ports on the head don't match the ports on the manifold. is this normal? or do i have the wrong intake on my car. if you port matched the head to the manifold i'd imagine you'd get a good improvement?! cause that's a lot of material you could remove and probly gain some better numbers.
By cjw_89
#242483 Wow that rott is newfoundlandish :P It is bad but buy the replacmnet panels and find a bet up door.Chop the door up from the body trim down and that will cover most of your quarter ;) All i ever do...It is gaurnteed to fit right :P... Coming along nicely :thumb:
By 92_eghatch
#242485 i found panels for like $35 each, but they are aftermarket. honda has panels for like 135ish i think. not sure. might just splurge when it comes time so i know it's done well lol. i cut my teeth on wrenches pretty much so... just a matter of finding someone with a welder and GSD (getting shit done)

but thanks man.. it's my first solo project... learning a lot and this forum is so freakin helpful!

just slow progress cause i don't have a job... if i were in FL still i would have a full body shop at my disposal. (family body shop) every tool knowing to man kind = heaven.
By cjw_89
#242502 Loving how you de riced that intake mani. Red like seriously lol!! www.fixmyrust.com has panels don't bother with oem, the after market ones are legit I have em,all we get down this way. More pics with rocker caps off please. Let's see some carnage :o
By 92_eghatch
#242559 haha! if i take the side skirts off they might never go back on! i know the back side on the passenger side is straight F'd!

i've been looking on www.fixmyrust.com they look pretty nice for the price. can't beat 30 for each side lol. and then the rocker panels i'll need. and then the driver side floor panel. then i need to patch a hole on found on my firewall... everybody's gonna in for a ride lol. lots of work to do...almost though about just buying a sheet of CF and layering the shit out of it and using it as my floor panel lol, but...i'll do it with sheet metal...
By teal_dx
#242612 what motor is in your car, D15b7? That is definitely the wrong intake manifold... maybe from a cx or vx?

I wouldn't even bother port matching... the whole intake will still have smaller runners, not optimized for your motor.

good news is you can get a D15b7 intake manifold for cheap. I think I even have one in my basement, the same one in this thread: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=3340
PM me if you're interested.

Also check to see what the stamping on yours is (p06, p08 etc..)
By 92_eghatch
#242623 i've got a d15b8. i can't remember the stamping on it... i saw it when i was stripping the paint off...

i wasn't exactly planning on port matching it lol. just the thought of them wasting such space killed me! i've noticed my car has been kind of jumbled together...blue interior with a grey dash when it came with black. you know...small things that make you scratch your chin.

*edit* just checked my IM number. it's a P10?
By 92_eghatch
#242848 Image
before
after (there's a small gap at the bottom where the little rubber seal is. kinda sucks...)

not much to look at, but...this is now my pride and joy. that muffler is not permanent. i can't stand it lol. :D

also got my CC slider and new knob in. threw in a couple new CC bulbs and reinstallled my CC and stereo. i just don't like how hard my heat adjuster slider "slides". so for now, I've left it unhooked and will figure something out.

i'm thinking about saving some money for a little while and making some more major purchases, but there are still a lot of small thing's i want or need to do before i'm...let's say...satisfied. i'll be doing the upper plastic black, along with head liner, visors, and a front map light. i will most likely be doing the driver side floor panel, then i will worry about carpet, better seats and floor mats. might try and make some mats as well. i have a job interview tomorrow or wednesday so hopefully my resurrection will happen faster. :woot:

*edit* ...very boring thread at the moment...but things will spice up after i start working :D.
By Eg6H2D
92_eghatch wrote:took some more pics today. some that are closer in detail of the exterior. let everybody see how bad the damage really is lol.

the mounting plate for the pass. mirror is rotted all the way through. i'll get doors when i start on the exterior.

someone before me started the body work. but it's a very sub par effort. will cut off and replace.

this is a fiberglass patch lmao. and in the pic below, you can see right into the interior through the wheel well and the fiberglass.

driver's door has small dents and is way out of shape. will replace also.

this is the driver's side floor pan. don't know how it got bent, but pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that... i'll either get some sheet metal and patch the whole thing or find a donor in a junk yard.

didn't see the point of taking a pic of the new door handles installed.

My driver side looks just like that! how terrible!!!
By 92_eghatch
#244576 Did you repair the floor pan at all? If so how did you do it.
By 92_eghatch
#253130 ok so it's been a month or so since i've updated my thread. i haven't really been working a whole lot.. i landed a better job with more hours so hopefully there will be more progress.

in the meantime, i started painting the rear pieces for my interior. i'm in the middle of it, so when i'm done i'll post pics. only thing i noticed is that i grabbed flat black instead of semi flat black. i'm hoping it still looks ok. if not, i might just rock it anyway lol.

pics up soon!

*EDIT*

took pics last night, but too dark, fresh pics! haha..

sorry for the crappy cell pics. but you guys get the idea...
By 92_eghatch
#253371 I ended up stripping and painting my valve cover. And removed my a/c system. Pics up soon.
By RSuave
#253372 I tried to do the same thing by restoring a hatch except mine never ended so I had to sell it to save money. Question though why not get a hatch without rust and dents and go from there saves time and money?
By 92_eghatch
#253376 I could, but it just seems so much more fun by bringing a near dead hatch back to life.
By 92_eghatch
92_eghatch wrote:I could, but it just seems so much more fun by bringing a near dead hatch back to life.

...and i'm doing something no one else would want to do. I'm doing it mostly because my familythinks it's a waste of time and effort. I'm doing it because it's my first complete solo project.