Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 92_eghatch
#238870 i've posted a few threads pertaining to my 92 eg. it's at a very unhealthy state. i'd swear the people i bought it from just pulled it from a scrap yard. BUT. i have faith in the car. i've restored some classic cars that were in worse shape than this so....

here's a few pics to start. i'll keep them coming as i start working on it more. (valentines day kind of put a damper on any progress at the moment...)

bad distance shot.. basicly has dents all over it, cracked windshield, missing the pass. mirror, door handles are F'd inside and out.... it's a basket case at the moment...

i took out all the plastic in the back and cleaned all the steel. as you can see, this is before... it was bad!

is that honda rot i see? yep...it is, and it's bad!

don't know where the window came from...but there was busted glass under the back seat... the rear is mostly clean here, can't tell, but... it is. it's hard to clean stuff with water in the winter time. it freezes you know...

this is a shot of the pass side minus seat. all the debris doesn't include all the random papers and bottles that were stuffed under the seat. along with a silver dollar and about 1.35 in change lol the other side was even worse. a random sock and other crap... you can see there's no shift knob. the people before me wrapped the shifter in electrical tape, then drilled through the shifter and knob and held it in place with a cement bolt. omg...what did i get myself into...

more pics will follow as the weeks go by. next weekend i have a small parts list... some mechanical and some cosmetic.
Last edited by 92_eghatch on Sun May 01, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By phatboycrxhf
#238886 wooo i'm in for this one...i like when POS cars are brought back...its my specialty bud...dont loose faith and just keep at it untill that lil f*cker submits :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#238888 i cant wait to see this come along

what are your plans?
motor? wheels? suspesion??
By 92_eghatch
#238892 i'd like to at least restore it. body, interior. think i might need rear hubs, or the wheels are bent. basicly want to just have fun with it. pretty much a street strip car. ill give you a bit of my story lol. i had a 2003 s-10, i traded my dad for a 96 teg gsr. it sat for at least a year before he got it at the shop he worked at. the owner of the car wanted to fix it. (fuel pump and filter) they got it running, didnt run right. the owner gave up. my dad bought it from the guy for the cost of the parts. before i traded him i had plans to redo the head gasket. he pushed me into it too fast. i ended up blowing the head. then during the repairs, my brother ruined the head prior to finishing it. then insisted that it would be fine. put it back together out of time and further ruined the head and valves. so i sold it to a car dealership that specializes in hondas and tegs. (aftermarket based cars only though)

i bought a 2000 mustang gt, and recently lost it... so now another dream of mine was to own a hatch. i found some others that were in a lot better shape, but didnt get to them in time... now i have this, and it's a disaster lol.

now back to plans. i plan to drop it a bit, restore the interior with a few mods (door panel inserts, replace some of the broken parts, seats and such..) i want to do a disc swap in the back, wire tuck (maybe). and probly drop a k or b18c into it. lots of work.. but... my gf thinks i wasted my money on it lol. my mom is pissed cause i spent so much on it. i have to prove them wrong. which i will. i'll have some pics up the following week after i get paid and order some things.

first order is driveability. it's got a bit of a misfire. so...plugs, wires, i want to replace the cannon on the back. (sorry...lol)
ill also have mirrors, door handles (in and out), and the trim that runs along the top of the door for the windows. (both sides) if i have enough, i'll wrap my door panel inserts.

i'll have pics up when i get the stuff and install it :)
By OleFolk
#238893 Do it, satisfaction guaranteed :thumb:
By 92_eghatch
#239922 not a whole lot going on yet. i did replace plugs, wires and wiper blades lol.

i ordered new inner door handles yesterday. i didn't want to pay full price for blue (or discounted on oem honda site), so i bought aftermarket black off ebay. hoping fitment is good. i hate modifying shit to fit...
By 92_eghatch
#240167 cleaned out the iacv valve today. wasn't really that dirty...? it does seem to run a little better since i cleaned it though. so maybe it was needed. we'll see after i have a chance to actually drive it around after it's heated up. have a few parts ordered, going to install them as soon as i get them and hope to go to the u pull close by. i've got a huge list of things i need lol. maybe i'll find gold while i'm there, or just some good finds.

i'll post pics as soon as i get my parts and install them.
By TNFBandit
#240174 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By 92_eghatch
#240285 i returned a part to hondapartsunlimited.com. i now have a credit so this is my new order list and things that will be happening soon:

steering collar retainer (53217-SR3-00)
washer nozzles (76810-SR0-004) and (76815-SR0-004) (also doing a nozzle hose tuck)
shifting linkage (54201-SR3-H00) (will order energy bushings also)
pedal covers (46545-SH3-000) (clutch and brake pedals)
(or i might just buy some grip tape and do it that way. probly cheaper.)

and lastly...i'm not sure on the part number, but i'll most likely be getting the hardware for the gas struts for the rear glass. i'm missing one strut and the hardware that goes along with it. i think the hardware comes with both sides. i'll probly get two new struts also.

i also have two new inner door handles on the way. (black...not blue though... didn't want to pay an insane amount for blue handles off the site listed above. still shouldnt look bad though. i decided i'll keep the interior blue and do black carpet, black seats, and probly black door inserts to kind of even everything out. - so with that in mind, black door handles shouldn't throw everything off...

pics to come soon.

(if i have enough, i'm going to order a shifter and knob finally... maybe a new boot that isn't vinyl lol. there's a guy that makes boots out of carbon or kevlar (ebay site store) fitment is amazing and look it just as good. he also does color matched stiching in any color also. i'll post the link as soon as i find it.

*edit* the link for carbon or kevlar boots if interested is jbscustoms.com it's not too ricey. looks good. i had one in my teg.
By 92_eghatch
#240546 Image

this is my bay as it looks when i bought the car. kinda of missing an intake system of some sort lol. ran like shit. ...wonders why...?

bought a cheap intake from autozone. made a difference in how it ran, but still didn't seem right still. (story will continue after the next few pics.)

removed the ugly breather and coolant piping.

ran the hose that was connected to the ugly pipe directly to its inlet.

(back to not running right still) ...when i took the iacv valve off to clean it, i took the throttle body off to clean it as well. i noticed the gasket was pretty messed up. there was a huge chunk missing out of it. today when i did the intake i made a new gasket for it. took a little while longer, but...got it all sealed up, took it for a drive and my problems with chugging have seemed to have disappeared. i had a problem leaving a light where it would bog down then finally start gaining rpms and drive like normal. and since i changed the TB gasket, it hasn't done it. so far so good. so...since it's running good mechanically i will move on to the interior. i'm still waiting on my credit from hondapartsunlimited.com. ...but in the mean time i have my inner door handles on the way. more pics soon.

*edit* this might sound funny, but if you're in a pinch and need to make a gasket. you have the paper, but don't have dye or anything for the part for an imprint on the paper? use tooth paste lol. i couldn't find anything i thought would work well, so i used tooth paste as a last minute solution. it was messy, but it worked well. should have taken pics.
By cjw_89
#240765 i use a dab of oil.Looking GREAT. If you decide to sell those rear speakers,brackets and grills i will gladly buy them :thumb:
By 92_eghatch
#240832 ha, no...i need to buy speakers for them... kinda last on the list to do...
By 92_eghatch
#240972 i installed one door handle today. got the passenger side. fitment was pretty good for being aftermarket. i need to trim the actual handle a little though, it rubs on the door handle trim. i'll have a pic up a little later. --- just a door handle anyway.... lol
By Ajax1989
#240981 wow someone like red :o

i say take the intake manifold off and use some paint stripper
By 92_eghatch
#241030 lol. yeah... i need to do something... it's terrible... whoever had this thing before me made a mess of things!

lot's of work in store. i'll probly tear the intake off soon and do that. my only problem doing that is whenever i take something apart to fix it, i find other problems... BUT i guess that's a good thing.

i finally jumped my ecu, i popped an iacv code. so i ordered a replacement. i got one inner door handle installed, and will hopefully get the driver side tomorrow. i need to trim the tops of the door levers cause they rub on the handle trim. will do that tomorrow and take pics. hopefully the other one comes tomorrow.

i was adjusting the cable for the temperature part of the climate control. and snapped the damn clips for the knob and a part of the knob came off. so i have to get another climate control or try and find the clip and knob. one thing after another with this car... i'll still come out victorious.
monday i'm going to inspect the shifting linkage and order that stuff. i need the inner boot seal as well. it's a mess...

i made a decision on exterior color so i need to figure out what colors to do the interior. still thinking blue and black. or a darker gray. im going to go with the phantom gray pearl coat and a black engine bay.

*edit* just looked on hondapartsunlimited.com. they carry the slider clips and knobs. will be a total of like 12 after shipping. not all hope is lost after all lol.