Post YOUR Hatchback here
By andyc
#234976 Ok, for those that were trying to help me out with my dying EJ2 Coupe; Thanks guys I will get it back to life at some stage but for now I'm moving on to another project. This is my 5th EG in around 8 years and since having another Coupe, Ive been feeling a hatch coming on for some time. In the latter stages of the Coupe's demise I was looking for something to get me from a2b and also to be able to get to the Coupe to work on it. A buddy mentioned his mum was soon replacing her Civic and would sell it for £200 once she was ready. I had to wait a few weeks for it to be ready and on boxing day I went to view it, not knowing what Civic it was I was pretty happy to see it was an EG and snapped it up! For the American's, £200 is about $320 so I got a real bargain. It turned out to be a DX aswell, I didnt know these were so light so another reason to be happy, this was now going to be my project moving forward, the EJ2 has been shelved...

The body work isnt in bad nick (CRAPPY PHONE PICS, SORRY);

The Honda-Rot seems to have been treated at some stage, not sure what this stuff is but the arches arent in too bad shape, just looks a bit rubbish...

One of the gas struts is loose

and the hole in the hatch window has been covered with some waterproof tape

Its pretty much dent free, just all pinked up and the lacquer has pretty much all left the bodywork... thats fine because it will be resprayed this summer.

The interior is in good shape just unfortunately all grey

No rev counter :(

But it has a clear glass sun roof which I like :)

And.... The Pièce de résistance! A D13B2 :(

(But that wont be sticking around, a buddy at work has a JDM Del Sol SIR with the B16A (170BHP) that he dosent use. Ive offered him £400 for the swap and waiting to hear back with an answer...

All in all, Im happy with it as a base to work with for 2011. Ive got a lot of parts to swap across from the EJ2 (including full black interior) Rear seats ill be getting from a guy on civiclife.net so plenty to keep me busy. I was planning on getting a 6X3 metre Gazebo and sealing it up around the car and spraying it, poor man stylee but a buddy on here is gonna let me use his unit with all necessary equipment like compressor and guns etc (Cheers Ecco :) )

This is gonna be the colour scheme

Im not a Porsche wannabe but this will look proper good. Maybe not the red wheels but well see... I think bright white with red detail will look awesome!

So lots for me to get on and do, just thought Id start a thread now as of how the car is when I bought it. Cheers Guys
Last edited by andyc on Sun May 29, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#234980 Awesome find dude and such a good price. It makes me want to move over seas.
By Stokes
#234981 Hi 5 for another red DX!

Your plans sound good too.
By kel
#234983 Looks like a good base. Moonroofs are rare.

looking forward to updates.
By andyc
#234984 cheers guys, im pretty excited about this one :) just need to get my finger out and start
By Carfanatic
#234988 interior looks new!

Anyway, mind the fuel lines before you do the B16 swap. You need to re-do them, since the 1,3 lines are to tin for a B16.
By andyc
#235015 good call
By chrisscott
#235024 nice base bud :thumb:
jdm b16 nice, swap everything from your coupe to your hatch, fuel lines, pump, etc an you shouldnt have to much problem with engine swap.
By andyc
#235028 the D15 lines should be good for a B16 then? sounds good, so long as this guy accepts my offer :roll:
By andyc
#235124 monster energy is the best lol :lol:
By bk_civiceg
rtegra92 wrote:Rough and ready just the way i like em, i put my monster can in the same place. :thumb:

As do I! :woot:
By andyc
#235131 Monster Energy Win!
By andyc
#235559 good for 200 notes lol, trade me clocks?