Post YOUR Hatchback here
By JangoFeet08
#234992 Hit up the junk yard today. Got all my interior (except carpet) including A, B pillars, PERFECT Headliner, Back panels, etc. all of it PLUS an EX gauge cluster. ALL for 10 bucks. I even got the side moldings.
I will be cleaning all the parts and installing them this upcoming weekend.

So, now that I have a cluster with a tach, How hard is it going to be installing it in my CX that has no tach originally?
Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

-Jango
By Greasedmonkey
#235079 The tach will plug right in with no problem.
By JangoFeet08
#235125 It really is just plug-n-play.
I thought there was going to have to be some extra wiring for the tach, guess not.

Thanks!
By pandapoo4u
JangoFeet08 wrote:It really is just plug-n-play.
I thought there was going to have to be some extra wiring for the tach, guess not.

Thanks!

the only changes you have to make on any honda is vtec some have it others don't
By JangoFeet08
#235382 So, it turns out I may have a D16Z6 lined up here pretty soon for 300 bucks. (just what I payed for the entire car!)

One thing,
Since I am running the carbed d13, how much trouble am I getting into with this swap? Like it's still OBD1, but what else do I need to change?
Any help is always appreciated! Thanks!

Jango
By JangoFeet08
#246135 *Bump*

I have a general understanding of what I need for a D16z6 swap as well as the process for putting it in.. I've looked through the forums and I can't find a straight answer for this swap. IDK what I need to keep from my current engine, or if I need to take EVERYTHING from the donor car.

any help is appreciated! Thanks
By Reptile
#246140 I see a lot of ppl going like :shock: for this colour of hatch....my hatch is exactly the same colour and i though it was kinda dull...But hearing nice words for it makes me see it with another angle :) Great car dude i got mine exactly as yours no carpet,no stereo,ripped off car seats etc...i bought it for 1,500 euros and ive spent another 500 till now.But hell this worths it! :D
By Loki_95EG
#249659 Clean car man, keep it up!! Im lookin forward to future progress!
By JangoFeet08
#253840 Alright. little update..

Just finished putting in the last piece of interior. Got black pieces for the back half of the car.. and have the gray dash still in. Have a black one sitting around.. but just too lazy to put it in right now.

Also, got some bondo and I'm going to fix all the dents, scratches, etc. in the next couple weeks and gonna paint it flat black (Rattle can) cause I sure don't have the money for a pro paint job out here in Germany!

I've seen a couple guys on the forums rattle-can their civics and they came out very nice..

Gonna do the hood this weekend and see how it comes out.. and decide on whether or not to do the whole car then.

Will post pics of it once i finish.
By Stokes
#254277 Not a huge fan of the black bonnet dude.

I've PM'd you back, better late than never :P
Get in touch if you have any problems.

Oh and the front hasn't lowered much as the little 1.3 engine weighs nothing to compress the springs, I had the same problem when I only had springs on mine.
By Stokes
JangoFeet08 wrote:Here pretty soon, the entire car will be that color. I don't just wanna keep the hood like that.

The whole car will be flat black?

I would't do that dude, thunder grey is such a nice colour I have a buddy with one.
By JangoFeet08
#269055 Update time!

Ebay exhaust my buddy gave me for free. He only had it on his EG for a week to pass inspection so he can start his K20a swap.
It actually sounds really nice for an ebay exhaust. And personally, I like the way it looks too!

Before :

After :

Up close and personal :

Ol' Faithful :

lemme know what you think!