Post YOUR Hatchback here
By LaosToaster
#228359 Hi guys im new to this forum, i always go on this site but i was too lazy to register but finally did now.

I've had my civic for about 5 months now. it was complete trash when i got it, but at least it came with a B16A :) . so now its restored but its still not done. heres some pics
8)
sitting on steelies.
dirty bay

my doggy kato

used to be grey interior, sprayed it black and got a detachable wheel
did the painting myself

i have alot of orange peel :x , planning on redoing paint, needa look up at some DIYs for smoothing out the orange peel.

no one has that button 8)
looked at tealdx's DIY on how to make your corners amber. THANKS!

couple more things i gotta fix. like my passenger door sags, cracked windshield needs replacing. needa hook up exhaust, hook up my horn. need these done to pass my inspection :woot: :(

Current Mods:
    1st Gen JDM B16A @ about 60000 miles
    Del Sol Vtec Radiator w/ new hoses
    Cross drilled Rotors and Pads
    2.5 inch exhaust w/ magnaflow cat converter
    Gutted interior w/ no AC or Blower motor torn out.
    No AC/PS
    Ebay Header
    Strut Bars here and there
    No name intake(from previous seller)
    NGK Spark plug wires
    ..And my awesome "Engine Self Clean" Button muahaha

[/list]
Last edited by LaosToaster on Fri May 06, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Ajax1989
#228360 lookin good

those are the 1st pair of spoon sw388 or slips
ive seen that i acutally like!
By LaosToaster
#228363 haha yea thanks. too many ppl have the black slips. white on blue looks pretty good to me 8) .
By Gustavo
#228372 :welcome: Looking good. I'm gonna paint my hatch white as well.
By LaosToaster
#228374 what can i say? White is for winners :D
By LaosToaster
#228393 hey thanks yea grey rims are getting too common, I NEED COLOR lol.
but yea i was thinking of painting them gold. but now i changed my mind again im keeping them blue :)
By LaosToaster
#228406 hey thanks, u should see the hundreds of pictures i have of my cars progress but i didnt wanna post all of them overflow the thread lol. but yea im not quite done yet. needa finish up so i can drive this thang of beauty.
By pandapoo4u
#230783 its looking good... im working on the paint for my hatch at the moment

working with rattle can so its taking forever but fixing mistakes is cheap and easy lol...

and one wiper... WTF..
By LaosToaster
#230789 Lol yea one wiper it came like that lol. And as far as the painting, I wanted to do rattle can also but I wasn't too sure about how it would look. It was my first time spray painting a car, and I can say its one of the toughest thing by far I've done on the civic. My car has a lot of orange peel I have to wet sand and reapply more clear coats,and wet sand and repeat. A lot of work just for paint. I had a major problem with my spray gun, I had to work fast cuz it kept getting clogged and I was getting pissed cuz I didn't get the smooth spray I needed, and there was no turning back so I jus kept spraying with a spitting spray gun :x I probably didn't have the right sized nozzle for the job I think.

I'm curious on how ppl roll on their paint, like do u litterally just roll on the paint on ur car like u would on a wall. I don't see how rolling it would yield a smooth finish :? What do y'all think?
By pandapoo4u
#230795 again something i have done... rolling it on mixed 50/50 with mineral spirits the lines from the roller showed so i bought a house sprayer yes i said it a house sprayer and used it but it put it on way too thick i didnt mix it but i think if i had gone 50/50 and done a slower setting it ay have came out better

however i have my civic now done 100% out of a can and its alot easier smaller patches so if i make a mistake its less to fix

i have alot of drips but just a fine grit and a quick respray takes care of it
By LaosToaster
#230867 thanks man i like them too lol. their knockoffs. they gave me "SPOOM" sport stickers, i jus used a razor and cut off part of the M to make it look like an N lol.
By LaosToaster
#253984 damn i havent updated this thread in forever. nuttin much so far though. i changed my pas axle cuz of a torn boot, changed trans fluid while at it. fixed my CKP sensor problem. swapped an auto integra cluster for the hell of it. i dont like the eg clusters. i had a my cat converter slipping off all the time so i went to a muffler and just welded one side of the converter so i can still slip off one end but not the other. heres some pics.

heres some recent pics.