Post YOUR Hatchback here
By civickid18
#226152 Hello EG tuners, my name is Jake and this is my 95 EG hatch. I picked it up from an ex-gf for $360. The 17's where from my Cb7.

Engine
D15b7 - 229xxxkm
Autotragic Tranny
Yellow valve cover
Matrix SRI(from my old cb7)
E3 Plugs
Dynomax Axle-back Exhaust

Exterior
Stock

Interior
Gutted accept for the front seats(all back in for the winter)

Rollers & Stoppers
13" steelies for winter(installed)
17" BSA - Nexxen N3000 205/40ZR17

Electronics
KOSS cd deck(crappy)
Pioneer 6" - 120w
Sony XPLOD(awaiting install)

the hatch rust is fixed now and painted black

old exhaust

new exhaust - Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

Future Plans
Fix rust
Paint phoenix red
F&F type 1 coilovers
15" wheels
Header
Bisimoto level 2 regrind
Bisimoto Pro springs
Basic wire tuck
Yonaka cat-back
Last edited by civickid18 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By civickid18
#226171 i'm getting the patch panels which will cover most of the rust and my dad said he would do the body work for me so that a bonus :thumb:
By civickid18
#226188 so i am selling the red 1987 toyota celica in the pics above to a scrap guy for $100 it has no wheels and a blown motor. and i might pick up another d15b7 with 200xxxkm for a buid(probably nitrous) and a set of projector headlights. hopefully have them next week
By OleFolk
#226209 Im in the same situation as you are
Sometimes I stand and wonder: Why in the hell would honda make teal automatic nonvtec eg's

Never give up and keep it on the road :thumb:
By Gustavo
#226211 Nice start. Gonna need lots of work but it has potential. :D Don't give up. :thumb:
By civickid18
#226212 i wont be doing the auto to manual conversion.well no time soon anyways. and i'm not going to pick up the other motor just because i dont need it, but i want the halo projectors so i'm guna go pick them up whenever i can. it should be a fun build. and i dont really give up i just change my mind or buy something else and sell what i have to put towards the new thing i buy but i dont want to do that with this car. i've always wanted an eg hatch so i'm guna try and stick with it. i still might get a nitrous kit later in the project. does anyone know how much hp the auto tranny can handle?
By OleFolk
#226242 I know the manual transmissions can handle up to 700hp possibly lightly built
Not sure about the automatic I never trust automatic transmissions they are kind of meant to fail.
By civickid18
#226279 iwell i would be running royal purple tranny fluid if i do. well ive had my civic up for sale for a while now and i have someone coming down from ottawa to look at it tmrw night and if he doesn't buy it them i'm going to keep it but if he buys it i'm going to save that money and look for a more rustless eg hatch Si with a 5spd so i can open the doors to performance. i am also going to aplly at a parts store called Bensons today and hopefully i will get a job there and have mad discounts on parts. wish me luck
By Datsmart
#226284 Will be a lot easier build since you are selling the auto and plan to get a 5 speed. Also, the rust was pretty bad on the auto.
Here in the Northwest I have never seen a Civic with rust that bad. Feel sorry for you guys where they salt the roads and ruin so many cars. A Civic as rusty as yours would be considered totaled and scrapped out here. I have picked up a $600 junker Civic for parts before then decided to fix it up, and even under the hood it looked great after a little cleaning, no rust to be found anywhere. I hate SALT...
By civickid18
#227344 i hate salt to..well my car is up for sale but all i get is lowballers or ppl that seem really interested but never send you an email back after you write a novel to tell them about the car. i hope i can sell it very soon though because i found a red 93 hatch, no rust at all and is a 5speed for 800obo
By Ecc0
#227354 Thats a real good price for a clean shell, will save you a hella body fixing means you'll have more time/money for toys lol.

Good luck with the sale of yours.
By civickid18
#227650 well all i keep getting is low-ballers and i'm pretty bored just sitting around the house so i am going to keep it and it shall me my DD/RC(road course) car. If i can find my $store stubby screwdriver i will be doing the DIY to turn it into my key. i'm going to paint the front bumber fins black in a few minutes and order the patch panles from fixmyrust.com.
By civickid18
#253451 well i sold my civic in January for $850 and spent my money stupidly. i wasted most of my money then with my last 275 i bought a b18 and tore it apart to find out someone tore it apart and put it back together breaking fins on the pistons bent the rings and scratched the sleeves..so i am broke and missing my rusty eg hatch like crazy. i am looking for a job but the economy is horrible and i can't find a job anywhere. so it will be a while before i get another eg :cry: