Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Punksz6
#336625 X2! :thumb: Nice parts too. :D
By chris_barnes
#336916 Thank you guys!

Here're some shots of the headwork done:

The engine is assembled and i've been driving for a couple of days now. CR has turned out 12.2:1 which is decent, and I'm happy with it. I bought fuel injectors from Prelude 5 gen VTI - 280cc - they're saturated so direct bolt on. I also had a friend of mine bore me a throttlebody - turned out 65mm. These will be put right before the dyno, which will happen next week. Once done, I will post the graph here.
I also added TurboProtect additive by Bardahl to the oil. The engine is very quiet and responsive. There is a significant improvement, I think will surely reach 180 or maybe 190 at the wheels.
By chris_barnes
#341187 Hey guys! I haven't posted here in quite a while. I had the car tuned. Something is not right. I now have the same result as before 163 whp.

I was devastated for a few days, and seriously considered breaking the car for spares. Then I thought that I do not wish to give up on a project I have been developing for the past 5 years, as here in Bulgaria people appreciate good quality parts but few people would afford such.

I decided to continue the project development and provisionally sold my TypeR cams to a friend of mine. Picked up BC st2 NA cams. I also got a Skunk2 68mm Pro Series throttle body.

I am still contemplating a B20Vtec, but a couple of very decent Bulgarian engine builders put me off. They have quite a significant experience with B20 setups and their conclusion is that these are not reliable - eventually B20s blow. As this is my only car at the moment (daily driver) reliability is essential to me.

In the meantime I picked up some ebay coilovers in exchange of some parts I had and intend to put them to my Koni Sport shocks. I have a friend who ran the same combo and was pretty happy with car's handling. Before I put the coils however, I will have the spring rates measured to see what I'm dealing with.

Since I decided to keep the car I had to pay the MOTs and have the car insured. For that matter I decided to sort the outer rust and scratch issues. Car turned out pretty decent and I am now happily driving it. Unfortunately I havent done any shots of it.

I also paid some attention to the look under the hood. I picked up some aluminium chinese replica dressup (radiator stay, battery tie, bumber washers, vtec solenoid cover):

Meanwhile, I wasn't very happy with the FK bucket seats I had. Not only they were very heavy and very hard (not comfortable at all) but their fabric was not of very good quality and the color started fading away for only 6 months of use. I found a guy in Sofia who was selling a brand new (actually not new but very decently refurbished CRX 2gen) seats. These were done by a local tuning shop called Toyaga. I sold the FK's and picked up these:

I also got something which I wanted to have for a good time now, namely, an AEM UEGO gauge:

By chris_barnes
#342544 I haven't posted here in a while...I gave up the idea of fitting the ebay coilovers. I had a spring factory in my hometown measure how stiff the springs are and wasn't very happy with them. For the moment I will keep the german AP springs with the Koni Sport shocks.

I traded my VTI gauges plus the Ebay coilovers for a DC2 pre-facelift gauge set which I fitted:

I believe I found the reason for the lack of power after the upgrade - ignition tables. I have switched bins and street-tuned the car with a friend of mine and I would say i'm pretty happy with the result so far. In a week or two I will have the BC2-s in the car and will see how it goes.
By chris_barnes
#345714 It's been a while...

I had the car dynoed after installing the bc2 cams. I had around 170whp on a mainline dyno. It was only after the dyno I found out my muffler was kinda restrictive. I bought a new one and had it replaced.

The AFR got leaner from 12.2 @ full throttle to 13.2 (after 8000 rpms )

I will need to add some more fuel, but I am not sure if my injectors will be enough. Currently, CROME shows around 115% @WOT in the very end of the table.

I got myself a couple of 14' rims and two very slightly used R888 tyres. I made a few runs on a local event with best time 14.16 and 2.226 @60ft. I could have gone into the 13s with some more practice, but in general i'm happpy. Vehicle speed@ 1/4 mile is 160 km/h.

Some guys wanted to take a few pictures of the car and then sent me some: