Post YOUR Hatchback here
By chris_barnes
#213118 Hi Dudes. My name is Kaloyan, I am from Bulgaria. There are a lot of crazy ass cars around here. I have registered quite a while ago but mostly read the forum every once in a while. I have decided to share with you the mods that I have done on my car.

The engine my car has/had is a D13B2 which would not be familiar to some of you, as it is only sold in Europe.

The beginning:

Then I replaced the gauges with ones that had a tachometer. Next were rims and tyres, Parada Spec2 and some Advanti rims. They are not an expensive brand but I think they look nice.

Whole xhaust system was changed (headers & muffler)

Next was the suspension - FK Automotive springs and shocks kit, drop the car with 35 mm front and 40 mm rear

Some minor exterior update with new headlights. I know it is not really JDM, but these are much better than the factory ones.

Here are my gauges, done with white diodes:

Last, but not least, the engine has been modified. Here is how it looked before:

A 75 hp carbureted engine. Then it turned to a PGMFI. I have used intake manifold + ECU & distributor from a D16A6 engine and the head of a D15B2 engine.

A new strut bar + intake:

Then did JDM style tail lights:

Next was an armrest:

...and a cup-holder:

Here is the graph, we managed to get 91 whp (which is okay, compared to 75 hp)

Next was paint + fog lights and the facelift type of rear spoiler:

Mud flaps + bigger VTI brakes:

Type R style front lip:

And last are the DelSol seats:

Next week I will put front and rear sway bars.
Last edited by chris_barnes on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
By sixspeedhatch
#213167 ill bet you get some sick gas mileage, i like the lip looks good
By goodyearrr
chilango41 wrote::o HOLY HUGE PICTURES BATMAN!!!

x2 :thumb:

I got D13b2, when i've past my test i'll be doing a thread on mine too, was it hard converting to fuel injection?
By Chance
#213175 Nice hatch, really like the wheels! and x3 on the huge pics. :o
By chris_barnes
#213184 Thank you :thumb: I am sorry for the size of the pics, but I thought the forum would resize them (as I am a member of a Bulgarian one that does). I think it is much better now.

@goodyearrr - it is not that difficult, you just need to have the time and parts. You need a gas tank from any EG with injection (even D15B2 will do) and the gas pump. Also need to change the gas hoses and the gas filter, as on EG3 it is under the car. The rest is clear - just chip the ECU and tune.

@sixspeedhatch - actually I was looking to improve performance in terms of hp, but I can say that 62 miles with 1.32 gallons (US) is achievable on the highway - of course driving like a granny with 55 miles per hour.

Here is a start with my car against a Prelude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vy5y1UIXJE

I have also done some other mods, like power windows and AC, but I do not have pics of them.
By jayEGR
#213212 like the hatch also super clean nevere heard of a d13 , something and something i learned today :thumb:
By chris_barnes
#213961 I have added front and rear sway bar, taken out of a '94 coupe. Handling has improved a lot :thumb: :hehe:
By chris_barnes
#214159 Thanks guys :thumb: Gauges are really easy and cheap to make :hehe:
By chris_barnes
#249664 Engine has been swapped. I now have a B18C4 DOHC Vtec :D :thumb: :twisted:

Also bought VTI brake pump and rear brake conversion which will be fitted soon.

Also changed front discs and brake pads. Discs are Brembo Max, pads - Ferodo Premier.

By 1ACarlos
#250002 Very sharp looking car