Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Classiccarsrule85
#206841 So for those who keep up with the stuff in the junkyard thread going for the world record etc...etc....ive been posting about this 1992 hatch that i looked at ive been struggling with my mind of keeping my 1995 civic hatch and i told myself the only other civic id buy myself for a project would be another cx hatch or si well low and behold another civic cx popped up on craigslist and now look what i have found in my back yard....

So yea can you say complete running 1992 honda civic cx White with a blue pleather interior maintained i do beleive with the condition i could be the third owner but i am going to check into it....anyhow lets just say its a sweet completely Stock and by stock i mean only the radio is aftermarket on this thing original motor and trans can you say swap candidate heres the rest of the pics of the motor and the bad or in my case due to the price i paid not so bad things about the car.....

Typical honda rust

a dent in the door and the d.side typical seat rip....

Last edited by Classiccarsrule85 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By mistergou
#206856 Looks like a good project!
By 92egdxhatch
#206858 I'd rock it in it's current condition. Nice project for sure.
By OleFolk
#206875 Wish the hatch I ended up with was that one
got mine for a $700
I want a white manual.
I got a teal auto.

That car is well worth the money im happy you got it
My D15b7.
I drove the living piss out of it
I beat that engine hard and it took all of it

PS: THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO
Is to take off the rubber strips lining your quarter panel
And then stop and fix that rust before it gets worse

If you dont fix your rust right away you will regret it
By chrono404
#206885 :thumb: :thumb: for project cars. The plans you had for the other hatch going to happen on this one?
By Classiccarsrule85
chrono404 wrote::thumb: :thumb: for project cars. The plans you had for the other hatch going to happen on this one?

maybe right now im trying to figure out what is going on with my girl and my 4dr i gave it to her but its on my insurance etc lol so gotta see what happens with that because right now theres 3 cars on the road my moms my sisters and my 4dr so for right now the hatch is in limbo to when ill drive it but plans are as follows

switch out the interior from my civic to this white one so then i will have a black interior instead of a blue, since all i have is black interior parts....

Depending on how things go may do some maintainance on it for me to run it for awhile with that motor for the gas mileage as i may swap that d15b2 into the 4dr since it has less miles and it dosen't smoke.... and gets great gas mileage but that wont be until i get something together for this cx....

Rust im fixing first as well as either getting another door skin but yea gotta get it on the road first as well as get my red civic off to the new owner once i get it together etc....

so far plans for the motor and stuff like that are up in the air since its a 92 well im tempted to put a vtec in it as i wont have to wire it up lol...but then again im kinda not in the mood for vtec probaly if i can hide it good ill go boosted d but we will see

And i did however trade for some del sol green striped seats, fogs with oem switch (going on the red hatch for my friend.....) and keep the oem switch, got a jdm coin pocket , and edm headlights and corners and damn are they light in weight tempted to use the corners however also kinda apprehensive because they are rare, i do also have the all amber corners as well.....but we will see im going to mod this carefully.....might also swap over the gsr fronts i have on my red cx but yea we will see what ends up happening......

And so now getting ready to swap interiors so here we go.......pictures will be up shortly...
By Classiccarsrule85
#207046 Update so before work yesturday i decided i would tackle swapping out interiors well that resulted in my fixing the white hatches missing glass screw in peice, swapping over one of the new hat c\shocks as one is definately enough to hold up the whole hatch, and swapping over front bumpers and supports as i have plans for the white hatch before i put my old civics interior in but anyhow took some pics enjoy....

p.s. decideing on stock oem or ambers as the jdm edm ones i got are for a 4dr.....
wow my old car is messy i havent touched it in awhile

Wonder how long this has been riding shotgun in my civics core support brace/bumper support...

ahh my civics old bumper looks at home on my new cx

oem corner

amber corner

the one i got with my edm headlights

Hopefully sometime soon i can get working on swapping out the interior of coarse im going to be wiring in some goodies into the new cx and some security as well so we will see what happens....woot!
By Classiccarsrule85
#207186 Well wed. will be the on the road date possibly and i cannot wait to drive this thing....

But hopefully before that i get some time to do some work to it so i can change my interior to where im sorta able to drive it properly probaly going to drive it without anything but the cluster and steering wheel and a seat lol since i gotta do some wiring with it and i would like to do most of it before i put the interior completely back in so hopefully i can deal with it like that for a bit because third shift sucks ass! cant get anything done but yea my girls keeping the 4dr sicne its auto and we are keeping that on the road so yea we will have matching white hondas so yea will keep you all updated with what happens with my car....
By Classiccarsrule85
#207745 So alittle update i decided since my girl was at work and it was my day off to work on the hatches so i did got most of the interiors out and ready to swap then ran into a problem as i have a 92 and my old one is a 95 thusly the airbag my buddy wanted to hook up wont really work since its a different setup between 92-93 and 94-95....

but yea anyhow heres where they sit now also discovered teh factory radio plate was still int the car stuffed underneath the d.side seat im amazed at how this car is lol that radio plates been in there probaly sicne it was sold and to this day its still in the darn thing....anyways pics

And also on a side note i traded for some things and one of those things where some green stripe sol seats.....

So now i can get some moeny after i sell these things or something i dont really know all i do know is i gotta get soem plans together for this hatch so i dont stray off and fuck up somewhere and have it sit till i get sick of it like my red car....
By Classiccarsrule85
#208956 Update 8/14.........................

So yesterday i stripped out the interior swapped the d.side and p.side seat belt so now i have black seatbelts so my black interior if i choose to go through that way will be a complete black interior but for now i feel at home in my stripped out interior im thinking of getting a rear seat delete but not sure anyhow im driving it now so im happy for right now so check her out....

more updates shortly but working third shift blows exspecially when im working 12+ hours a day i dead by the end of my shift.....
By jmeara
#210465 very nice...I've been looking at cars down here in Tampa and there is no such of thing of "honda rust", it's almost weird. Looked at a 90 teg yesterday and it still had the QP rubber guard on it and no rust...$1100 with 123,000 on it.
By deschlong
#210485 You haven't explained the need for the new one and why you're ditching the red jobbie
By Classiccarsrule85
deschlong wrote:You haven't explained the need for the new one and why you're ditching the red jobbie

well due to an accident involving a tractor trailer the rear hatch gets stuck and you have to slam it shut so youd have to pull the shell out a bit for it to be right but to be honest it would never be stock again.....plus i mean there where just things like suspension bushings going left and right and i wanted to find a shell at least that i could put money into and not have to do a crap ton of body work and stuff like that so yea my buddy offered to take care of it for me and im selling it to him im not completely getting rid of it because i will buy it back from him if he tires of it.....

so yea thats why i switched the white hatch will be better than the red in the long run yea rust is still there but it wasnt as bad as my red hatch so yea im more happy with the white one now than the red even tho i will have to do some work to it ohhh well....