Post YOUR Hatchback here
By david10072
#227399 I need help on the handbrake. So, I just had a rotor and brake pad swap in by a shop yesterday. I was planning to do a handbrake adjustment. I followed those steps in the picture.
So I did " inspection 1 " I got 17 clicks total when I pull up the handbrake. Definitely need an adustment
Then in the adjustment area, I jacked up the car and loosen the nut on the handbrake to very loose...I checked the wheels the left rim, drags a bit without any handbrake on. then the right one, I can barely turn with my hand.. Here is the picture of the handbrake. I dont know why the cables are uneven.
So my question is what is the problem here? I loosen the nut and cable are free, but my both wheels are dragging really bad.
Is it because of the new pad? but I have already hear some brake pad dragging sound when I had old brake pad and rotor. I start to think maybe thats why I am not getting ideal gas mileage..
And, can anyone explain the " adjustment step 2 " for me? Thanks for helping!
By david10072
#228251 New brake rotor (sorry no drilled :oops: :oops: ) and hawks brake pad in today. Getting another caliper soon since its seized up or deformed. Here is some picture
Before clean up:
After:

Also painted my rims matte black, I missed my black rims haha
Honda caps coming soon. :thumb:
By Dareko
#228305 Good work man !

Black on black always looks good :D
By david10072
#228452 So I got my kenwood headunit yesterday, I tried to do the wiring myself. The wiring was cut on my car due to theft. I am pretty sure I connected everything correct. But when I turn the key up, the radio doesnt work. No power at all on the radio. I checked the fuse today #23 15A, the fuse was fine. I didn't trust it, so I went to get a new fuse. The headunit still doesn't turn on. None of my speakers were plugged tho. I don't think I need to plug in the speakers to power the headunit...so here is how i connect it...
Constant 12V+ Blue/White ----> yellow battery wire
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red ------> red ignition wire
Ground Black ---->black ground
Illumination Red/Black ----> none

Left Front (+) Blue/Green ---- white
Left Front (-) Gray/Black ---- white black
Right Front (+) Red/Green ---- gray
Right Front (-) Brown/Black ---- gray black
Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow ---- green
Left Rear (-) Gray/White ---- green black
Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow ---- purple
Right Rear (-) Brown/White ----- purple black

I want to know if connected the wire correctly?
and if is there anything I should check? besides wiring and fuse?
I really hope its not the radio itself (radio fuse is fine) The radio is brand new, so I am not really doubting the radio.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guy.
By david10072
#229383 So, I solved the caliper issue with a new rear caliper. The handbrake works perfectly now. Also, I got a kenwood headunit in today with some infinity speakers. Painted the valve cover, I have been deciding which color. Took me a month to decide.. I went with..
By david10072
#232359 Let me do a update. I swapped in the rear caliper..but it's not painted yet. Gonna paint it soon.
My stock interior haha :oops:
My gf got me this cactus lol
need to fix this soon.. previous owner put a rusted bolt with nut in it.. I cant get it off $%^$#
The quarter panel is getting better now. wet sand it down with 2k paper.
Waiting for a hot day to paint it.
I did some customizing on the front left grill. I trimmed it so more air flow.
Why? Because i got this thing behind it leading to intake!
and i made a intake housing with a trash can. :lol: Still incomplete. planning to put foam roll on it with heat resistance tape around it.
Also painted the heat shield and wash down the engine bay. I want to do a mini wire tuck but i dont know how. :eh:
Some shots of a regular eg with a regular d16 with regular power. I also lubricated the squeeky clutch. and re-adjust the throttle cable and valve clearance. Now the car is super responsive lol.
Honda ftfw.
Also order velocity stack and yonaka catback. coming next week :D
By david10072
#232937 It's not cool when your exhaust piping broke on freeway.. When I was driving today on freeway..the mid pipe broke and scrap the **** out of the ground. Without the exhaust.. the car sounds like a monster lol..
Drove home like this for 15 miles .... jeez lol And the thing is my new catback is coming tmr. what a bad luck that the stock one broke on me today... good thing i didnt get pull over. :eh:
Last edited by david10072 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Gustavo
#232957 ^^^ That sucks^^^ :thumbdown:
By Eg6H2D
#233348 Hell yea! great choice!!! for the money!! I want the sound clip!!! PLEASEEE!!!!
By bcolladonet
#233350 lot of progress on the si keep the good work it coming out pretty nice

p.s. in my opinion the c'8 looked so good on the si instead of putting white ls webs i would put white c'8