Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Benj
#152633 Bought it as a shell.. and well im somewhat to post pics here so they are on my facebook..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 61cc1ee48a

i will add more as i go

Today i clean the disc swap that my buddy gave me, and i am getting it ready for the powerslot rotors and hawk pads..

leave comments please
Last edited by Benj on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.
By Dippin_EG
#152646 it looks good, but you have a decent amount of work to do. :thumb:
By biggnutz123
#152652 OMG! lots of work! good luck. :woot:
By Ajax1989
#152653 nice start!!

good luck to ya!
lookin forward to see this
come together :thumb:
By chrono404
#152654 good project car. Looking forward to this build.

Whats going in the empty bay? B? D? F? H? J? K?
What are your plans for it? Daily? Cruiser? Drag or Circuit Racing?
By EgCruiser
#152658 wow. you are crazy doin all that work :thumb:
By Apexracing
#152688 good start, perfect for a build, that way all of the work is done your way.
By That One Dude
#152752 PowerSlot/Hawk FTW! You're going to love the setup.

Good luck on your huge project!
By Benj
#152757 yah im super excited, its the 3rd time i have built this car.

3 years ago, built as a race car, had a 6 point cage, never made it down the track, shortage of cash, sold it to a buddy built it as a daily driver, chopped the cage out, dropped a c1 in it, then he sold it to a buddy of his, and it went missing, thought i would never see it again, 6 months ago. BING buddy tells me he impounded a silver hatch with red doors, i went to go see it and f* me sideways, my old car... its in town. maybe i can buy it off the guy. then it turns up for sale for 5 g. i didnt have cash. so once again it slipped away. Next thing i know is that i hear a rumor that a silver civic for totaled on the bridge. i thought shit its gone. then on a local forum FOR FREE civic shell. and i wanted to get rid of my 4door so who could say no to a free shell, so i paid a case of beer to get my Betty back. and that was to the guy that towed it.

so now i am building it for a 3rd time. and its gonna stay mine... WOOT :woot: :thumb:
By That One Dude
#152760 Dude, that's a hell of a story! I'd bet you're glad to have her back.

Keep updates flowing!
By LaMbErT*
teal_dx wrote:the story alone makes it worth building :thumb:

no major damage and it's even rust free :woot:

Defo but u still have alot of work to do again lol
By Benj
#155005 thanks for the comments guys. i cant wait to get going on it, i just have to wait till my dope land lords let my put up my 10 x 15x 20 canopy, and make like a shop out of it.. super amped. have about a thousand in parts sitting on my living room floor in brakes. ( i had a really bad experience in the summer of 07 so i kinda really wanna be able to stop ) :lol: so anyways,
got new parts today. rear calipers. braided brake line proportioning valve, clutch line, rad holder, overflow bracket, and some fittings to change the brake lines from metric thread to standard so i didnt have to pay an arm and a leg for the braided line
pics :VVV
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... ed0d38ddc9

plans have changed a lil bit, i was originally only going to do a full wire tuck, but i thought hey, i want braided lines cheap and i have to change from the metric to the standard so i dont pay through the ass for it why not do a line tuck at the same time, then i was like shit im gonna do that, i might as well as just go nuts and tuck everything. so thats what i am gonna do. Saturday the b18 shows up... WOOT WOOT... skunk 2 intake mani on the 16th, and a lightend flywheel... YAY... then the only big things left is the dc4 dash, all the wiring, cuz it has none.

things Betty still needs:
suspension
exhaust
front bumper skin,
hood, maybe cf
fenders
headlamps ( going with denji's)
corner lights (going with ambers)
Seat belts
rear upper interior
something other than stock wing
new clutch ..... shit this is turning out to be a list..I know there is more..
By Benj
teal_dx wrote:the story alone makes it worth building :thumb:

no major damage and it's even rust free :woot:

the only damage was that the guys butchered the cars main wire harness, stripped it

LaMbErT* wrote:Defo but u still have alot of work to do again lol

i do but it is worth it.