Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Benj
#203744 well car is all wired up... dash is in forever now, ran power wires for the fuse box to the front and hooked them up to a battery and ran some tests the only thing that i have to re wire is the stop lamps... :woot: other than that the carpet is in, i started working on the rear interior but i have to weld in the post that holds the top part of the seats in, it was taken out for the sir rear seat conversion. so hopefully that will be this weekend or next. Going to pick and pull to find a few things like 2 motor mounts, shift linkage, a rad fan, maybe a rad if i can find a mint one. then i hope to put the motor in this weekend... getting close guys... so close
By Benj
#204021 this is the wink mirror

here it is installed - super easy to do took ten mins

heres that gap. its not big maybe 3/8 of an inch

this is what she looks like right now
By Benj
#204076 So today was a busy day, got the read seat mount cut out and re welded in ( thxz Dalt for the welder) and i got the motor and trans outta the house ( thz again Dalt) and it is kinda of in my car.. 2 mounts down. now i just have to get the rear one in.. any ways here some pics...

this one is kinda of a teaser

.... hopefully i will get some comments here ....
By chrono404
#204077 Image

At first when I photoshoped the teaser pic I thought you had a d16z6 in there, however it looked to high to be in their, also didn't make since for you to swap in a z6 when you have a built ls with type-r tranny. I'm going to venture a guess and say you swapped in your B.

Good work so far on your Build. :thumb:
By Benj
#204114 yes yes i did, ,y buddy dalt came over and helped me carry it up the stairs and then he took off i was out there till about 11 pm last night but shes held in there with 2 mounts, still have to get a rear motor mount, but i think i will order that up tomorrow
By s3eg6
#204116 very nice
By Benj
#239034 well its been some time since i have updated this.. so here it goes... Motor is in, and wired up.. FML what an ordeal... first engine harness was f'ed, so bought a si one... woot it works.installed an oe exhaust. lower tiebar and some other odds and ends. so then thats all buttoned up and i bolted my front bumper on.. yes its coming off to get painted...

got the rest of the dash installed just looking to add a few pieces

and installed my HID kit: they are F"IN bright{respect}

as of 9- 10 - 10
just some random pics

10 - 10 - 10 update.... body work and paint... woot{DANCING-banana} buddy is coimg over tomorrow to bleed brakes and clutch... im excited 7 days till i insure and rat bag... DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT...(for brake in reasons)

anybody know a good site for lifter adjustment diy??

Weird thing is im not all that excited about driving it.. i donno why. i have been building this car for to long. like yesterday i bolted in the seat, after getting the dash all done and the center console in, sat down adjusted the mirror... and well nothing.. Ugh i hope that i dont hate this thing when i am done... to many dope parts.... would be a killer part out.. and then it is bleed brake time and clutch... and then maybe i will get a days insurance... Who knows.... update and pics maybe to come...

14 - 10 - 10
ok so i bled the brakes and the clutch... and took it for a drive... seems kinda slow.. but i didnt have brakes, came back put in a one way check valve, went for another rip... brakes got better.. had some grinding noises coming from the passenger side... think its just the dust shields on the brakes... so a lil tweaking and we are good to go... oh and re bleed the brakes......i guess im a lil more excited now that its getting closer to insurance time...Thursday is the big day... still kinda scared that im gonna brake sht..and i still have yet to figure out if im gonna put rear seats in. i kinda dont want to..but we will see.

12 - 14 - 10
so brakes are fixed. car runs great. well except for when its warm, wants to die so i have to keep my foor on both the gas and brake.. any ideas? other than that car is EPIC. OMFG is it EPIC, so im moving the car to storage as i moved into an appartment building and cant work on it there. anyways on the way to storage, dropped it from 5th into 3rd and lit up both tires, smoke coming off the tires into the windows and into 4th and the same thing, gets grip and GONE!!! omg so much fun. So now that the car is in storage i bought a pathfinder and that is my dd for the winter and i think i will sell it come spring. Still looking for a few things to tie up the build...

12-27-10
so i went out to my car after it has been parked for about 2 months now, turned key on heard fuel pump prime it clicked off, hit the start button and vroom started right up no haveing to screw around with anything, WOOOT

15- 02-11

So thats how the car sits today. I got rid of the 1 piece headlamps, installed fuel pressure regulator by b and m, new fuel filter and fuel pressure gage by auto meter, im thinking a few more weeks and she will be on the road

Thxz for reading

that is all for now...
By chrono404
#239039 It has come along way from when you got it as an empty shell.

It also looks very good with the Teggy dash in it. even better with one solid color and OEM Headlights/amber corners

:thumb:

Looking forward to future updates, It can only get better from here. :thumb:

Edit: You said you wanted color/wheel ideas. Black always looks good, When clean and waxed its super shiney and awesome. However it will ALWAYS need to be washed. If you want a color that doesn't need to be washed everytime you drive your car then Going with a Blue such as Electron Blue Pearl(B95P) off the 99-00 Civic Si is a good choice.

Its a nice color, looks good in the sun and isn't that expensive. It hides dirt decently, Wont get to much attention from the Police however still gets attention from other honda enthusiasts. Overall a good balance IMO.

For a Wheel Choice it comes down to what you like. I Personally like the Rota GT3, I also like Rota Torque's(or any other Works CR-Kai Replica), Comes down to what you like, Those would be my Recommendations. Rim color I would recommend Bronze or Gold for pretty much any color. If you go Blue, Especially Electron Blue Pearl White rims look really good on it.

On Rim Size I would highly Recommend 16" Rims with a 195/40 Series tire. Gives you a good size rim, will be slightly taller then a 15" rim with a 195/50 Tire, which is good so you dont scrape everywhere. It looks really good on EG's IMO. I know lots of people will tell you to Go for a 15" Rim with 195/50 Tires, They look good, epscally when low, however I speak from exerpence when i say you will scrape alot, I Personally dont like scraping which is why I went for 16's with a 40 Series tire, Very similar look however much more Daily Driver Friendly.
By Benj
#242744 ok so i did a few things this weekend.... like install a auto meter oil pressure gauge

so that worked out great... Well the weather has been getting nicer here and i have noticed a few street sweepers out. i figured it soon time to get the car on the road so i got a grant steering wheel and grant quick release.

I have been debating puting a sterio in the car.. i picked up a dual din block off plate from honda.

see i like that clean look of nothing there. but i also like my tunes... any ideas guys?

I still have a few things to do to the car...
1. wire up new oild pres. gauge.
2. Get a coolant over flow tank
3. e brake cable bolts
4. Maybe paint these wheels?
5. pull seats and carpet and install under dash foam so everything sits right.
6. get a new dc armrest
By intheworks
#242747 id have to have a radio
By dbrooks
#242784 Looks awesome dude! Haha I like it a lot! :D
By Benj
#242956 so i found some old build pics, figured that i would post them

wiring it for being a race car

picking it up to make into a dd

found some old pics of the second build

and her now