Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Benj
#159369 any imput on how i could put the propotioning valve under the cowelling?? or if i should put it somewhere else??
By ikon
#159388 teal did a good job on his diy wire tuck http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=92 pg 2 approx. 1/4 way down :thumb:
By Benj
#159436 lol i have the wire tuck part coverd. its were i was wanting to put the propotioning valve i want it in with the wiper motor but over to the passenger side of the car. but it doesnt exactly fit so i was thinking someone may have an idea on how to put it in there... :?
By Dippin_EG
#159441 i have seen it done many times under the dash where the srs computer goes.... maybe you could tuck it right there?
By That One Dude
#159459 That's some serious progress. If I were doing the brake like tuck, I'd put the prop valve under the dash. There really isn't a spot for it anywhere but the stock location or under the dash.

When you said stripped, you really meant stripped. Holy crap... I'm hoping you have everything tagged and such. It's going to look sick in black with that green going on. Good color selections! Not to mention good call on the DC2 dash.

Are you going to have the wheel wells painted black or green? And are you going to yank out the suspension and steering rack when it goes to the paint booth?
By Benj
That One Dude wrote:That's some serious progress. If I were doing the brake like tuck, I'd put the prop valve under the dash. There really isn't a spot for it anywhere but the stock location or under the dash.

yah i think i will end up doing that.... :cry: i kinda wanted it by the wiper motor.... which i may try...

That One Dude wrote:When you said stripped, you really meant stripped. Holy crap... I'm hoping you have everything tagged and such. It's going to look sick in black with that green going on. Good color selections! Not to mention good call on the DC2 dash.

Yah i cant wait, im gonna start doing the wireing this weekend so that hopfully i can test the dash clean everything and get it all ready for paint..as for the marking everything....No im brave, i have wired this car to many times already.. so i figured wth i can do it.so im gonna wing it. the only thing that i am worried about so far is the fact that the wire harness i have is from a 94 teg and well the headlamps for egs are h4's and well the teg is 9005 and 9006. so i think what i will end up doing is taking the 2 grounds, wire them together on the negative for the bulb and then one positve for one side vise versa. can anyone tell me if that will actually work???

That One Dude wrote:Are you going to have the wheel wells painted black or green? And are you going to yank out the suspension and steering rack when it goes to the paint booth?

the wells will be painted black. the bay and cage are gonna be the only things that will be green. i think im may pull out the steering rack but i still have to get suspention. the suspention thats in the car, i am borrowing from a buddy of mine. as for suspention wise i donno what i am gonna go with yet, i was thinking 32 way adjustable bc race suspention..but it may be a daily for a lil while.

6 months and 27days till the car has to be done..
By That One Dude
ilmcrx wrote:yah i think i will end up doing that.... :cry: i kinda wanted it by the wiper motor.... which i may try...
I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not going to be easy. As you have already figured out.

Yah i cant wait, im gonna start doing the wireing this weekend so that hopfully i can test the dash clean everything and get it all ready for paint..as for the marking everything....No im brave, i have wired this car to many times already.. so i figured wth i can do it.so im gonna wing it. the only thing that i am worried about so far is the fact that the wire harness i have is from a 94 teg and well the headlamps for egs are h4's and well the teg is 9005 and 9006. so i think what i will end up doing is taking the 2 grounds, wire them together on the negative for the bulb and then one positve for one side vise versa. can anyone tell me if that will actually work???
You can splice the hi and lo beam grounds and then run the hot leads to the proper terminal on the headlamp connector. If you've done the wiring in that thing enough times, I could imagine you wouldn't need markings. I've pulled my engine harness out enough times to know which connector goes to which sensor just by looking at it...

the wells will be painted black. the bay and cage are gonna be the only things that will be green. i think im may pull out the steering rack but i still have to get suspention. the suspention thats in the car, i am borrowing from a buddy of mine. as for suspention wise i donno what i am gonna go with yet, i was thinking 32 way adjustable bc race suspention..but it may be a daily for a lil while.
Word.

6 months and 27days till the car has to be done..
By Benj
#173494 so i have been working on this alot lately, decided that at this point in time there is no point in doing a brake line tuck, so i said f it. other than that things are going GREAT. motor is a Okanagan Engine Rebuilders getting mic'ed and honed so i can rebuild it. My blox lca's showed up this morning went with black anodized. bought some stock suspension just so that i can have it rolling by the time june comes. New Ball joints are in, tie rods will be this weekend or next. rear drums are coming out today, gonna put the rear disc swap into day or tomorrow. then she can get put back on the ground and i can do the wiring. OH ya i have a dc heater core and blower motor shit comin tomorrow... so i can get the dash and interior in the car... anyways i will let ya'll with that

ok so i have finaly got a chance to snap some pics so here they are

heres my living room after i figure what wire harness to use

what the car looks like right now
By gostt
#173501 x2

Good luck for next step ! :D
By That One Dude
#173619 Sweeeeeeet. Hurry up!

Are you going to paint the brake lines black or green or what?
By gostt
#173622 I love Spoon blue color or Project U green/blue one 8)
By Vti93T
#173665 btw, the blox bushings you'll have to replace after a year or so. Depending on how you plan on driving the car (auto cross, or daily), you might have to replace them sooner. Blox's bushing on the LCA'S aren't really that great.