Post YOUR Hatchback here
By JUICE
#154093 ya, it was definitely a good day... now i KNOW FOR SURE shes gettin boost. plan on seein at least some low 13's maybe high 12's come this spring. :twisted: :twisted:

she can now be an official "toy". she's been daily'd her whole life. its time to get her cleaned up, painted, and go PSSSHHHH only when its nice n sunny out :D :D :D :D
By JUICE
#154409 MORE NEW PARTS!!!!!

so went today to get the skunks2 LCA's.. wanted gold but settled for the silver/polished ones. picked up a rear disc swap off a 99 teggy with e-brake lines and got a front lip thats in decent shape.

the brakes will be going on this weekend. figured might as well do it while were planning on doin the shocks and lca's anyway. :woot:

got a question about the rear disc swap...

will it be driveable with my dx master/booster/prop valve????
By Apexracing
#154481 well to answer your question in my expirence, my pedal was soft and low, untill i swaped to a teg booster and master, but one from a civic with abs should work, the stock prop valve works fine, and before any one says that maybe my booster or master was bad, they worked fine with the drums, but disks require more fluid volume.
By JUICE
#155265 ^ thanks man.

and, about $1000 worth of parts goin into the hatchy tomorrow!! :woot: :woot: :D

-Tokico blues
-Skunk2 LCA's
-ARP extended studs w/ buddy clubs
-99 integra rear disc swap
-rear trailing arm bushings
-rear hub bearings
-front wheel bearings
-Skunk2 front upper control arms

and gave her a tune-up this evening with some NGk iridums, fresh cap n rotor, and got new NGK wires on the way...

:woot2: :woot2: :woot2:
By That One Dude
#155273 IMO, the iridiums burn to hot for the LS engine. Factory plugs are ZFR5F11 resistor type Nickel Alloy center electrode. I rock those in my '97 LS, after having used iridiums in my '94 LS, and I greatly prefer the resistor plugs for fuel mileage, smoothness of operation and accelleration, and price.

Good progress, btw.
By JUICE
That One Dude wrote:IMO, the iridiums burn to hot for the LS engine. Factory plugs are ZFR5F11 resistor type Nickel Alloy center electrode. I rock those in my '97 LS, after having used iridiums in my '94 LS, and I greatly prefer the resistor plugs for fuel mileage, smoothness of operation and accelleration, and price.

Good progress, btw.

what about the NGK VPOWER? those are resistor type.. maybe a better choice? I'm definitely a fan of OEM parts though....
By JUICE
#155337 the rear disks, shocks, and LCA's are on!! :woot:

i think i need a new caliper on the back, its a little sticky. e-brake cable wouldn't cause that right??

and were gonna do the studs/bearings next saturday..
By JUICE
#155383 gonna change the soft brake line on the rear pass caliper.. hopefully that gets rid of the stick. if not, i can get the calipers for like $35 a piece. not really sweatin it, just glad to have rear discs!! :woot:
By That One Dude
alldatJUICE wrote:what about the NGK VPOWER? those are resistor type.. maybe a better choice? I'm definitely a fan of OEM parts though....

The NGK VPower are the ZFR5F11 plugs IIRC. I haven't needed to change my plugs since I bought my car so I don't remember exactly.
By BLaCkSiLo
alldatJUICE wrote:the rear disks, shocks, and LCA's are on!! :woot:

i think i need a new caliper on the back, its a little sticky. e-brake cable wouldn't cause that right??

and were gonna do the studs/bearings next saturday..

i had to replace the left rear caliper on my rear disc swap cause the e brake didn't work at all and i don't think the hydraulic part did either...the e-brake cable could cause it if wasn't retracting all the way, spray some PB BLaster or wd-40 or something on that spring and see if you can work it free..

good work btw, first i've seen it :thumb: i'm starting to really like the SI wheels, oh and i'm running the NGK BK7RE-11 plugs but i'm FI sooooo...:lol:
By JUICE
#155705 well, i plan on boosting it this winter so i'll just wait on different plugs till then.

and. i slapped two new rear calipers on today and that cleared up those issues :D
By BLaCkSiLo
alldatJUICE wrote:well, i plan on boosting it this winter so i'll just wait on different plugs till then.

and. i slapped two new rear calipers on today and that cleared up those issues :D

good to hear :thumb: i love my rear discs...
By JUICE
#155749 ya, i took it around the block and on a quick trip on the highway. sooo nice not havin blown rear shocks!! she's ridin pretty good with the tokico blue/Skunk2 coilover combo :hehe: