Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By KuEy
#117635 1. you grind the spots in the back on the door panel to get the panel inserts out. (the back is when it's finished, but you get the idea of where to grind)

2. you rip off the old fabric from the insert and trace it and cut it.

3. after you cut it, make sure it fits well and spray the bonding glue spray on both sides.

4. then wait for 1 minute and then start on one end and work your way down so that you get no wrinkles.

5. now that you are done making them stick and flush, get some small screws, washers and a screwdriver and screw the screws into the whole of where you grinded.

6. now you are done and it will look like a CTR replica.

and these were the tools i used. (not showing is the grinder and the scissors)

comments and questions are welcome. enjoy.
By Carfanatic
#117647 you can get it on the local market
By KuEy
red92hatchback wrote:where did u get the tweed from?

got mines from Jo-Ann Fabrics.
By dawg316
#117790 when you say grinder. do you actualy mean like using an angle grinder to cut the clips or w.e. holds the insert together ?
By egsedanguy
#117792 you can use a angle grinder for a fast removal. its just melted plastic tabs that hold it on. i took mine off with some dykes. everyone has a way to take them off. but i say use a grinder and save the headache.here is my lil diy i did on my door panels. but the material i used was way to stuff so the glue would not hold. but the tweed will give some stretch and wont shrink.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=6644
By KuEy
dawg316 wrote:when you say grinder. do you actualy mean like using an angle grinder to cut the clips or w.e. holds the insert together ?

if you use an angle grinder, have a friend help. cuz you can grind it and it will heat up quick and when you think it's hot enough, your friend can just pull that spot out.
By 92egpac
#125204 :x :x im so mad i tried this today and i couldnt figure out how to take the inserts out... so my smart ass figured oh i can drill them out but i ended up drilling through the whole panel :shock: :thumbdown: and if that wasnt bad enough as i was trying to recover it and i couldnt get it nice and straight so the glue dried. anyway i gave up and put the old fabric on :cry: then i realized that when i drilled it i drilled to far and didnt have enough to screw it on :? so its ducktaped in place and im looking for a new panel [smilie=BangHead.gif] :?:
By Chance
#125229 eL Oh eL that sucks dude..

nice write up.
By b20_link
92egpac wrote::x :x im so mad i tried this today and i couldnt figure out how to take the inserts out... so my smart ass figured oh i can drill them out but i ended up drilling through the whole panel :shock: :thumbdown: and if that wasnt bad enough as i was trying to recover it and i couldnt get it nice and straight so the glue dried. anyway i gave up and put the old fabric on :cry: then i realized that when i drilled it i drilled to far and didnt have enough to screw it on :? so its ducktaped in place and im looking for a new panel [smilie=BangHead.gif] :?:

ohhhhh dammmm bro all you meeed is a dremel tool and sand it out
i did like 4 cars and it worked for me :thumb: :thumb:
sorry about the door panel
By KuEy
#125521 sorry man. i guess i should have posted up a pic of what i used. hope you have better luck next time if you decide to do it again.
By 92egpac
#126045 :thumb: its all good if anyon has more detailed pics of the removal of the insert i would love to see them but im definitely going to do it again. you cant let messing up once scare you away from doing it at all. right? :wink: