Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Classiccarsrule85
#109302 Well I did this awhile back but finally found the pictures of it.....So here we go......

The tools + parts
-Dremel tool with the cutting utencil or some other way to cut the plastic...and sanding drums or files
-1992-1995 civic Ex door panel pockets (from a 2dr in this case)
-phillips and flat head screw drivers

Step one locate the indent behind the door panel in the plastic that shows you where to cut in order to allow you to use the door pocket.

Step two cut inside that line be careful to only cut through the plastic it is possible but even if you cut through the fabric you would cut that anyhow as well.....just to make sure the fabric dosent lift off too much is what my whole concern was

Step three do a second cut if you feel brave enough if not just go about sanding with the drums/fileing and once you feel like its gotten to the point you need it to be.....

At this time you should only have the main piece fitted through like so

With it fitted correctly all you need to do now is screw it in using regular civic c/c or other screws so once you do that all you need to do is clip on the back and screw that peice in......then reinstall on the door its pretty simple to do just takes some patience...

but in the end it will look like this if done correctly

Enjoy!
By tigerafro
#109303 thats a really good write up :thumb:
By VegasCivic
#109332 Goodjob. :D I might have to do that. The passenger seat is my pocket
By Method
#109387 mine too.
By hatchie
#109394 good write-up everyone keeps asking how i did this in my build thread lol i can just give them a link now yay!
By Vti93T
#109422 looks good :thumb:
By marvinp8700
#109424 nice DIY for thine win
By Greasedmonkey
#109449 Thats cool and all, but wouldnt it be easier to just get Si door panels? I know I trade mine away for the panels with out pockets.
By hatchie
#109451 yeah it would be easier but like me i wanted to keep the fabric that was on mine but i wantd the pockets and the si ones have some weirdo pattern on them that dont match the car at all!

but again if you like the pattern yeah it would be easier
By PandaHatch
#142761 lol i needed a dash recently and got one from a friends junked coupe and scooped the door panels as well. i was wondering about this..perfect timing to come across it. :thumb:
By id3379
#142775 Awesome write up
By civicx01
#155032 where do i pick up the side pockets?
By Classiccarsrule85
civicx01 wrote:where do i pick up the side pockets?

any 92-95 civic ex coupe and si hatch should have them
By EJcivic732
#158347 whats the best thing to use for cutting through the plastic?
i got a little dremil and a assortment kit of bits but nothing looks like it should cut through the plasctic.?. :?
i have everything ready to do it but i just want to get another suggestion before i start cuttin :hehe:
i asked the guys at advance what they thought would be best and they just gave me a million crazy looks after they asked what im trying to do. lol :thumb: :woot:
By cody27
#210729 just did mine 2 days ago and took me about 15mins per side

used dremel with cutting disc and a grinding stone

i ran a black marker along the factory lines and got to cutting and for those taking on this project remember cut less than you need to and grind until the pocket fits cause its easier to cut more away then fix a hole thats oversized.

its nice having somewhere to put stuff now aside from the glove box or that tiny dash pocket