Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By danomatic93
#101572 I did this write-up because I couldn't find half of this info anywhere. So, here you go.

Cluster LEDs:

Let’s start with the easiest modification, replacing your cluster’s stock bulbs with bright LEDs, of any color, to give your Civic a new look.

You’ll need 6 LEDs. I went with T1.5 #74 LEDs installed in a twist lock socket base from superbrightleds.com. You will need to reuse one of the stock bulb’s sockets. (more about that later)

Remove the cluster.
(Quick summary: pop out hazard switch and unplug, unscrew screw behind hazard switch and the 2 screws in the bezel above the cluster, pull out bezel and unplug clock, unscrew the 4 screws holding the cluster in, and plug the cluster and remove.)

Viewing the back of the cluster:

Remove the bulbs circled in red. Remove the bulb circled in yellow and red and set it aside for now.

You can install your new LEDs in the red circled locations now.

The location circled in yellow and red is smaller than the rest. For this reason, you’ll need to reuse the stock bulb socket that you set aside previously. Pull the stock bulb out of its socket. Do the same with an LED. Now push the LED into the stock socket and install the LED.

Here are the stock bulbs and sockets. The one on the Left is the small one.

Here is the LED and socket. And second image is the LED removed from the socket.

Now, these LEDs are polarized, meaning they only work in one direction. So, test that they are working. To test, plug the cluster back in, turn on the lights. If an LED isn’t lit, remove it, turn it 180 degrees and reinsert.

Done!
By Greasedmonkey
#101603 Dash Switches and Climate Control LEDs:

Now that your cluster is looking like a new Audi, your dash switches and Climate Controls are now looking faded and old. Let’s change that!

All the switches use 3mm Neo-Wedges. There are 6 total. The Climate control uses #74 LEDs.

Start with the switches:

Remove the switch that you intend to replace the bulb with.

There are 4 tabs that hold each switch in the housing. 2 are circled in gree. Push in the tabs and pull out the switch.

Then you have an option.
a.
You can try to get out the bulbs (circled in red) as they are [then, skip to step 3]
OR
b.
you can go further and open up the switch to easily remove the bulbs.

i.
To open the switch up, start by removing the back. There are 4 tabs (2 are circled in yellow) holding the back on.

ii.
Then remove the face of the switch. There are again 4 tabs holding the face on (circled in green).

iii.
Now, the internals will slide out and you will be able to easily remove the bulbs.

Here's a video showing the same thing:
[url="http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m272/civic93pearlwhite/?action=view&current=Switch.flv"]Image[/url]

You will be using 6 Neo-Wedge LEDs sized 3mm. They will not fit into the socket without altering the lock tabs slightly.
(Stock bulb on Right, LED on Left)

Use a razor blade to cut off 3 spots on the LED’s lock tabs.
In this diagram, not the stock tab on the left and the LED’s tab on the right. Carefully, remove the blue sections with the razor blade.

They should look like this now.

Remember now, that these LEDs are polarized, meaning they only work one way. So, before you assemble the switches back together, test that the LEDs are installed correctly.

For the Climate Control LEDs, reference Addiction2Bass’s DIY to disassemble the unit. http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=58988
Once you get to the stock bulbs, simply remove them and replace with the #74 LEDs.

Done!!

Here's a look at the final:

I used Bright White for the cluster, climate controls and switch function. I used green and amber for the switch indicator lights.
By Greasedmonkey
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Sweet DIY! This would be a cheap way of doing all amber!

I used this method for my last cluster. It got stolen... But it did look great!
By josephsantos
#156162 What type of bulbs do I need for the gauge cluster? How many do I need? I haven't taken out a cluster before from the dash so I don't know what the bulbs look like.

Is this the right type of bulbs?

ImageImage

I want to make my gauge cluster to look like this:

ImageImage

Thanks!! :) :)
By DontHateonEG8
#156219 I would HIGHLY recomend these guys:

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

thats a link for #74 bulbs found in the cluster. They have regular bulbs for a buck that come in red or amber or other colors, and they have those rubber condoms for only 29 cents! better than dealers price of like 13 bucks for a set of 6 or 8 for an Si. shipping was fast for me, only a day, but i do live only 120 miles away from them. But the bulbs i got from them are legit!

look through their whole site for other stuff too, im going to buy a brighter dome light from them today. Good people there!
Last edited by DontHateonEG8 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MG6
#156288 Great DYI as i have couple of burnt ones. Although, it looks great... doesn't it kinda fall into the rice category?
By EricM
#179298 I just ordered some leds off of superbrightleds.com on tuesday. They get here tomorrow. I'm stoked.
By goblin
#180085 cool diy.. itching to do it..
By JohnAWESOME
#222977 Hey this is a sweet DIY I was wondering do you think that the triple led lights would fit in the cluster and climate controls. It sounds like they spread out light better just wondering before I order some.
By RyVcZ
#224456 ImageImage

now this is sweet! what with all the amber lighting :thumb:
By StylezEG
#225153 Can't I just buy the bulbs and use the stock sockets for all the bulbs in my cluster/climate control? Also, can anyone give me direct links to the bulbs I would need (& sockets if they are needed..) Preferably from www.autolumination.com. Thanks in advance!