Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By hatchie
#93790 ok so my friend said i should post up a diy on the whole ford taurus and mercury sable coin and cup holder

here it is:

ok first off go to your local junkyard and either go to a 92 to 95 mercury sable or go to a 92 to 95 ford taurus

your going to be looking for these:

ok now after you picked which one you wanted to take it out:

there is two clips on both sides squeeze these one by one and pull while squeezing sorry for (no pics on junkyard part)

after you got it most of the way out you will find that it gets stuck
this being there is a slider clip underneath

i just wedged a screwdriver under the piece and on top of the plastic holding it in and pried it out

ok now you have it out..... yay congrats :woot:

now i'll put this in anyway but not sure if anyone will use it!

I took mine apart to clean it so it could open and shut better

how to:
look through the hole in the back when both the cup and coin are out as far as they can go this i what you will see

see the clip that holds it in

next remove top one first by wedging somthing btw the coin holder and the plastic that surrounds it

do the same for the bottom when the top one is removed

ok now clean it.... let it dry or hand dry it w.e

put it back together.... dont worry they just slide in make sure you put in bottom first

next it's time to put it in the car

when i put this in my wiring harness for the radio and other things were in the way.... and kept the whole thing from going in so i cut the piece like this to make it to where the whole thing just slides in

first cut the tabs off the bottom

then cut the side tabs off

then cut the pieces that come out the back.....
cut a 1/2 inch of each off end
then cut cup and coin on left hand side another inch back, leave the track
ImageImage

it will look like this when your all done

the way i cut it makes it to where the wiring harness doesnt have to be moved you might have to pop the zip tie clip out though if it still hitting and the cup and coin will rest inside the dash peacefully
By Classiccarsrule85
#93818 nice diy and god i love that sticker soft cups only what are you going to headbang in the car and hit the cup lol
By smokinsoljah420
#94463 :thumb: sweet DIY!
By 95projektvic
#94464 so what do you do for a radio....get your old boombox and mount it in the back. :lol:
By Classiccarsrule85
95projektvic wrote:so what do you do for a radio....get your old boombox and mount it in the back. :lol:

as mentioned above he has the jdm audio console cause hes rich n can afford one lmao but yea he relocated teh radio to there if you look at his build thread you will see that....
By spiritR
#94480 :thumb: will do this when i can afford one of those optional consoles
By hatchie
#94553 yeah thanx john lol ........ and yeah cuz i'd really switch out a radio for a coin and cup Mercury none the less................YEAH OK!
By Bouli
#97551 I've got one too

Easy to do :thumb:
By EL_FERiO
#106091 NICE!!... ima hit up the junkyard tomoro...

hope all goes well n i find the part...
il throw my radio in the glove box :hehe: some ghetto JDMness
By EL_FERiO
#108806 junkyards failed me =//

does any one here have an extra one n wanna sell it!?
By boosted94
#108814 I had a random taurus in my yard but no jdm consol.. dicided that since i dont have a heater core i would just move my radio up to where the heater controls were and now i have room for cupholders and radio.(not recomended for a DD.
By 92egpac
#125119 went to the junkyard today and got two of these nice diy. one question though when it comes time to put them in how do you keep it in? thanks
By hatchie
#125222 it just stays in
By CivicDude
#140440 New here just got my cup/coin holder 3$ putting it in today Great Diy