Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By asianrob
#65068 i could have done better job but best what i could afford with 10 bucks lol
and a spray bottle.

you need atleast ( if i remember) 3 or 4 of these to get it completely covered with like 2 layers. (follow directions on the back to make the dye. you'll need something to put it in. i just used a bottle and mixed it up in there.

need a spray bottle. so i used this old Invisible glass spray bottle i had around.

take your carpet out.Vaccum it best you can. and if wanted to power wash it or like soap and water or what ever to get the best quality results. (i didnt wash it i just vaccumed it.)

next spray in inconspicuous spot to see what it looks like. (obvious i skipped that step lol.)

spray some more on

and of course more. do like a few layers it'll come out darker.

and spray another layer over it.

almost done

after you got it done. and the darkness you want it let it dry. (preferely a few days.)

it drips so put like a drip pan or something under it. at first i though it might ruin it but it didnt.

i went over a few spots i wanted to get a little darker.

a pic of it dying.

another pic of it drying.

installed

another installed pic

back part

passenger floor board

middle section

armrest installed.

well.... that'd be it. i did it to my carpet because it was tan and i already converted 80% of it to black at the time and plus i didnt feel like buying another carpet.

also id advise to do it somewhere you dont mind getting dirty. lol i kinda got yelled at because i kinda messed up the garage but after all of that i got it cleaned :thumb:
Last edited by asianrob on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By asianrob
JDM-Chick wrote:wow that turned out real good!

thanks i did it like a few months ago and finally posted it up lol.
By id3379
#65087 nice
By Gorveatt
#65103 damn that turned out well, how's it standing the test of time since it's been a few months?
By asianrob
Gorveatt wrote:damn that turned out well, how's it standing the test of time since it's been a few months?

since i dont have tinted windows and i also dye my rear seat ( i didnt do as good of job on it tho) its fading on my seat but it stands up quite nice. but since my car is sitting out in the summer heat and sun with no tint on my windows theres minor spots that i can tell is starting to fade a little. but not really noticeable

its been like almost 10 months
By Greasedmonkey
#65129 someone needs a new e brake handle!!!
By asianrob
Greasedmonkey wrote:someone needs a new e brake handle!!!

haha.. what? mine is nice tan wait i do huh? hah
By ooops
#65732 I have been looking at doing this for mine for ages, so i'm glad someone else has attempted it first :roll: :woot:

Come out pretty well mate, good job.
By york62
#65742 awesome job man! This gives me some ideas!! Think i might be able to dye the door panel fabric black?
By ohDirka
#65755 nice write up :thumb: looks like it turned out pretty nice
By a_CoUpE
#65756 wow looks good, makes me wanna do my seats and carpet lol
By biretsu89
#65819 Alright... When you sprayed it... has there been any funy smell? Does it rub off on your skin sometimes if you get hot and maybe sweaty? and... how long does it take to take your interior apart like that??? I never knew you could just dye the carpet.....freakin awesome
By asianrob
biretsu89 wrote:Alright... When you sprayed it... has there been any funy smell? Does it rub off on your skin sometimes if you get hot and maybe sweaty? and... how long does it take to take your interior apart like that??? I never knew you could just dye the carpet.....freakin awesome

no funny smells that i remember. you can wash it off your skin. i never really got hot or sweaty. took me like 15 mins to take my seats, armrest, and centre console out. took me like an hour or two to dye the carpet. and took like 2-3 days for it to dry completely.