Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By LowTEC-Derbo
JLau wrote:
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:personally the f1spec rails are pretty high IMO. I hated the feeling like i was driving a bus in a bucket seat.

Yeah, I stated they were high. As I said, in my FG buckets they are about OEM height. In a solid cushion seat like an SRD I can see them being real high but in a Sparco Sprint style seat I think they'd be perfect w/ the sag the seats have.

thats true. the sprint style seat is much lower than a typical fg bucket.

I ran F1spec side mounts on a Recaro SPG and it was horrible. My head touched the roof. I opt to use memoryfab low rails and it was just perfect. The SRD running on a pair of vision one touch slider base mount rails are pretty good. $180/pair from jhpusa.com
By Gorveatt
#40182 i've never driven in race seats, but going from my car to Holly's her seats sit about an inch and a half higher then mine and i find it's the perfect height for me.

I'd have to drive in race buckets to be able to say for sure
By JLau
#40223 Damn, you had a Recaro SPG? You are a baller!!!
By LowTEC-Derbo
JLau wrote:Damn, you had a Recaro SPG? You are a baller!!!

yea..couldn't deal with it daily though. (had issues getting stuff in the back of the coupe with the nonreclinable so I went back to the Black SRDs. SRDs are also way cheaper LOL.
By CivicTypeR
JLau wrote:
SlipCivic wrote:I've got 3 point Sparco harnesses (bolt in vertion), it goes straight to the back where the C-pillar bar/rear seat belts bolts too, I have the harness and C-pillar bar in the same bolt hole :thumb:

Okay, now my OEM seatbelts are actually safer than your harness set up. Use your OEM ones until you get a harness or roll bar to PROPERLY mount em. Please.

Read.....

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=68352

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthre ... s+mounting

Ok, if you think an oem belt is safter than harnesses, besides you have non-recliners so the belts dont even touch you, they sit over your seat, i think mine are persoanlly safer. The plan was to get a cage when i get some cash :thumb: Ive had 2 accidents in this car already and i'm still fine. If in the event I do roll, atleast I died in my fav car, so if i go out with a bang, i'll die smiling :lol:
By JLau
SlipCivic wrote:
Ok, if you think an oem belt is safter than harnesses, besides you have non-recliners so the belts dont even touch you, they sit over your seat, i think mine are persoanlly safer. The plan was to get a cage when i get some cash :thumb: Ive had 2 accidents in this car already and i'm still fine. If in the event I do roll, atleast I died in my fav car, so if i go out with a bang, i'll die smiling :lol:

I do not think that they are safer than YOUR harness, the way they are mounted, I KNOW they are. You have way too much belt between the mounting point and your body. The amount of flex that could occur could definitly kill you depending on speed and it would not take much.

My belt comes in contact w/ my body as much as the next person w/ oem seats. No seat affects that and I have no idea where you got that idea. I've been in an accident in my last car w/ OEM seatbelts and they work perfectly fine. The guy ran a stop and I T-boned him at 45. My chest was brused from the belts so I know they work.

Overall bro, the way you mounted the harness is wrong and it is a fact that it is very unsafe compared to an OEM unless you properly mount them the way they were designed for. That is why I use my OEM's rather than my 4 point for daily driving not to mention I can not pick up something that falls on the floor. :lol:

I am not attacking you I just want to take the usual "harnesses are cool" out of your head and get you to install "safety equipment" properly or else do not do it at all to save you from unneccesary harm.

Do what you want, just be careful if you plan to run like that. :)
By CivicTypeR
#40281 Well my car passed it's M.O.T. with them, so IDC. Safe enough for me as i feel pinned enough in the seat. BTW, I don't drive like an ass.
By boostjunkie
#40314 I had a pair of Momo Course reclineables in my coupe. The rail height was adjustable but even at its lowest setting it was a good bit higher then stock. Those were some comfortable mofo's though.
By LowTEC-Derbo
SlipCivic wrote:Well my car passed it's M.O.T. with them, so IDC. Safe enough for me as i feel pinned enough in the seat. BTW, I don't drive like an ass.

http://www.soloracer.com/autocontrol.html

this is only harness belt I run without a harness bar.
By martino
#44530 i personally like 'em low. hit the track using my friend's hatch with EG5 seats, they were too effin' high. space between ceiling and top of helmet = 1cm. everytime i'd hit a bump i'd hit my head on the ceiling. my neck and upper back didn't feel right after the runs.

currently using integra seats with customized brackets, just modified the stock EG railings. still too high for me if i had a helmet on.

another friend of mine's currently using sparco seats with customized railings and brackets. they're hella low; even i have a hard time seeing over the dash. but works wonderfully when driving fast :thumb:

if you were to customize brackets, you could set how high you want the seat to be. if you have access to an acetylene torch, a high-grade drill, a grinder, and a welding machine, shoot me a PM and i'll try my best to help you out with it :)
By Axix23
#345541 anybody know where to get seal rails for my eg8 with some Bride seats?