Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Civic_HatchSI
#40073 Im getting racing seats and wanted too see pics, of what everyone has in there eg's and what kinda rails there mounted on. Trying to decide if I should make my own rails or buy some. Which is best? is is better to sit low or stock height.

pics and suggestions would be great!

Thanks guys
By Gorveatt
#40074 Dont sit low, sitting low sucks holly. that's one of the main reasons i hate the OEM seats, they are too low, i rest my arm on the window sill while driving. and the seats sit just a couple inch's too low
By ohDirka
Gorveatt wrote:Dont sit low, sitting low sucks holly. that's one of the main reasons i hate the OEM seats, they are too low, i rest my arm on the window sill while driving. and the seats sit just a couple inch's too low

I fit comfortably in the stock seats...The seating position is one of the reasons I fell in love with EG's
By CivicTypeR
#40080 Racing seats are designed to be low, recommended for a fitted short shifter. Being low and having a slammed/lowered ride is amazing, you feel like you're on the road. Mine are Buckets (Cobra Monaco) on Cobra frames. Sitting low is wikid! But if you use the car for long journeys, as driving for a long time i find really uncomfy. After an hour of driving my ass went numb! :lol: I would only surgest fitting racing seats if you don't do long traveling...

Getting them replaced soon with Sparco ones.
By JLau
#40081 Lower almost always feels better.

When I bought Del Sols I realizd how much better lower is.

I then bought Sparco Sprints w/ wedge engineering rails and sliders. Because the bottom of the Sparcos sank when you sat in them they were really low. Lower than fiberglass or CF buckets on low position rails. They were too low for my girls car when I bought my new seats so I had to sell them instead of use them on her car. She could barely see over the dash.

I now have F1 Spec Type 2's (fiberglass) w/ F1 Spec rails and sliders. They have absolutely no give so with normal rails they are about OEM seat height even on the lowest side mount postion. I do not like that but
they do the job and I would have bought low rails had I sat in them in someone elses EG.

I suggest CF or FG buckets due to the adjustable height postions due to the use of sidemounts.

By CivicTypeR
#40084 You're using bucket racing seats with oem belts? :eh:
By JLau
SlipCivic wrote:You're using bucket racing seats with oem belts? :eh:

Yeah, I have an SRR Camlock but I do not drive like a maniac on a daily basis.

I think a better question is how you could properly mount a harness w/ no roll or harness bar? :o
By CivicTypeR
#40086 I've got 3 point Sparco harnesses (bolt in vertion), it goes straight to the back where the C-pillar bar/rear seat belts bolts too, I have the harness and C-pillar bar in the same bolt hole :thumb:

Sorry, crappy quality phone pics.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#40096 Image

you can see the difference in height in driver vs passenger.

Stock DC recaro rails on the passenger side. Vision onetouch Low Position Rails on the drive side that lowers seating position by 50mm. When using a helmet in the car with stock DC recaro rails, My head would hit the roof of the car (i'm only 5'7) The low rails gave me 2inchs of clearance so I can freely move my head without worrying about hitting my head on the roof.

My arm rests on the doorpanel area where the window buttons are just fine.

here is a pic of me in the car with memoryfab s68 bucket seat... it was ridiculously low..

and here is one with bride..which was even LOWER

By JMan8108
#40105 Ung! Low seats are fuckin sick, I love my friends del sol ones.
By JLau
SlipCivic wrote:I've got 3 point Sparco harnesses (bolt in vertion), it goes straight to the back where the C-pillar bar/rear seat belts bolts too, I have the harness and C-pillar bar in the same bolt hole :thumb:

Okay, now my OEM seatbelts are actually safer than your harness set up. Use your OEM ones until you get a harness or roll bar to PROPERLY mount em. Please.

Read.....

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=68352

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthre ... s+mounting
By Civic_HatchSI
#40132 woo thanks for all the replys so fast :0)

I bought my seats over the weekend they still havent come in, there a Sparco knock off.

where can i get rails that wont cost 400 a side lol , if its to much I may just make some.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#40135 is it a side mount or a base mount (where the screws mount to)

for base mount seats like recaros SRDs or Bride Brix Ergos

I would get visions one touch sliders

www.jhpusa.com has them for 170 for a pair..

for sidemounts, I honestly LOVE the www.memoryfab.com lower seat rails..they do cost 150ish each though..If I ever decide to buy a non reclinable bucket seat, memoryfab is my choice of rails :) Plus it has a cool slider..its like a little ebrake lever! haha

http://www.memoryfab.com/products/detail_accessories_3/
By Gorveatt
#40137 The ones she got are non reclinable.