Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By slow4dr
#352176 My speedometer on my current cluster is on the frits. It'll work when it wants to. I have diagnosed it as the speedometer unit. I got another cluster and didn't notice the needle on the speedometer was pegged when I got it. So I pulled it apart and flipped it back to where it's supposed to be, after that it is 27 mph off (I. E. 0 is 27) is there any way to fix this as it bugged me enough I swapped the non working one back in.

Thanks all have a great day
By teal_dx
#352188 What if you rotate further past 0, to where negative 27 would be if it was there, then back to 0? Sounds like it was already broken when you got it, but doesn't hurt to try I guess.
By slow4dr
#352194 As funny as it sounds it's worth a shot. Other than it being 27 mph fast it does work. When you turn the key on and the fuel pump kicks on the needle jumps to 27ish. So idk
By suspendedHatch
#352201 Pull the needle off carefully and plug the cluster in but have it accessible. Put the key on because it will turn the needle to a certain point. Push the needle halfway on at about the -10mph position, that will get it pretty close. Lift it over the needle tab that keeps it from going below zero. Leave the glass off the cluster but secure it to the dash.

Now you have to download a speedometer app for your phone and get someone to drive for you. Get on the freeway in cruise and maintain 60mph, compare the needle to the app. Either make a mental note of the difference, pull over safely and move it, then test it again... or you can do what I did and pull it off hazardly while driving and stick it back on in the right spot. It takes a lot of luck since minor bumps in the road will make it nearly impossible to get the needle on right, but after a couple tries I got it.

The thing is that the speedometer is inaccurate at every point except for where you set it. That's just how it comes from the factory. You calibrate it at 60mph, about the halfway point to get it to be as accurate as possible across the range, but don't be surprised that at 35mph the gauge will be over 5mph off. If that bothers you you'll have to get an aftermarket speedometer.
By slow4dr
#352203 Thanks suspendedhatch. 5 don't bother me 27 does. What's the best way to get the needle off?