Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By KidKRYLON
#350772 So I picked up some 97-01 laude seats after reading this thread because I saw it saying that e.g. rails would work. I REALLY don't wanna cut seats up but was wondering if instead I could swap the exposed section. Any one with experience on this?
By KidKRYLON
#350784 That's literally what the url in my post is. I read it and it doesn't go into rail swap so much as full pan swaps. I don't wanna hack and dice these up they are way too minty fresh.
By Andre3th0u
#350790 I put the same seats in my eg sedan. Just swap the inside rail from the eg seats to the lude seats and make a little L shaped bracket for the back outside bolt hole. Once you get the 3 lined up you'll see what I mean.
By juls1488
#350815 i also have prelude seats, don't know if its the same for the 97-01 but for the 92-96 i had to drill some new holes for the eg rail to line up. the bottom part of the rail closest to the center console unbolts, and you can bolt your bottom half of the eg rail to it, but the two studs on the eg half of the rail dont line up with the holes on the prelude part of the rail. line up the last hole(the one that is an actually bolt and not a stud welded on the rail) on both pieces, and then mark and drill the prelude rail to fit the studs on the eg rail. after that it bolts into the car perfectly.
By KidKRYLON
Andre3th0u wrote:I put the same seats in my eg sedan. Just swap the inside rail from the eg seats to the lude seats and make a little L shaped bracket for the back outside bolt hole. Once you get the 3 lined up you'll see what I mean.

Now when you say swap the inside rail do you mean just the part you can see or getting the two 14's that hold the seat back as well?
By Andre3th0u
#350831 Not the seat back one I think it's just 2 bolts. I did it about a year ago. I can check tomorrow morning when I go to class. But I think it's just the 2 you see. And the buckle will come off with the rail and put it on the lude seat. Then line up the eg rail half and start those 2 bolts then the left front bolt hole will line up. Then you'll understand the bracket and can make one. I'll snap a pic of it all and post to explain better.
By KidKRYLON
#350832 I figured out the unbolt thing which side should the bracket go on? What kind of bolting did you use?
By HeikDiesel
#350842 haha I didn't even see that you linked to UH, my bad. The rails should be a direct swap according to that link
By KidKRYLON
#350852 No harm done I know it's a newb question. I just swapped the inner rails and 3 of the 4 line up. Good enough for me.