Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By militia
#348906 whats up everybody, I am a new member and was hoping somebody can help me troubleshoot a gauge problem, I have a 95 sedan 5 speed with z6 trans, intake mani, 0n a 97 d16y7 motor(car was bought this way) now on to the problem I noticed, 1- the rpm and mph parts of the gauge do not respond to any kind of throttle , 2- the gas gauge is on 1/2 tank mark at all times car on or off, but my temp gauge is working fine, I removed gauge and reinstalled but to no luck, I then went to the vss and did find that it was cracked on the mounting screw , now I don't know if this may have anything to do with it but I am getting another one this week (jy part)gauge lights work fine when turned on, what should I do? Is there a way to test the cluster or is it toast? Also what other gauges are swappable year and car would be greatly appreciated my l.j.y has a good amount of Hondas acuras, etc, Thanks in advance to all help given.
By teal_dx
#348907 It could be a bad cluster, or happen that everything else is wrong. It is possible that the level in the gas tank is damaged or stuck, leaving your needle always reading 1/2 tank. The cracked VSS is suspect but I think if a bad vss was the reason your speedometer didn't work, there would also be a check engine light on. As for the tach not working, I'm wondering if there was a hack job done on the wiring? What distributor did they use and does it look like any of the wiring there was modified? Or if you come across a deal on a working cluster, try dropping it in to see if it works. If not, then you can always resell it. I'm sure there are diagnostic methods of checking these signals if you have a multimeter, but I don't know them and don't have the factory manual on my phone.
By militia
#348920 thanks teal, yesterday my speedo just started working but no rpm, also the car was wired for vtec as I see two wires coming from the plug by the battery side(2) and going to the ecu, and the vtec plug was hacked in some how, may be the reason the gauge is flipping out, what gauge can I swap in place?
Also there is a cel just don't know how to read it.
By teal_dx
#348922 Any 92-95 cluster will fit (no del sol though) and if it is from an ex or Si, it will have the tach. Auto clusters will have the P R N D 1 2 on the gauge, but still work fine on manual cars.
By militia
#348926 THANKS TEAL, I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE DEL SOL LOL, SEEN A COUPLE IN MY LOCAL JY.
By militia
#348950 what wire on the plug behind the cluster do I connect the single blue wire on the drivers side?
By Ecc0
#349224 I have a few UK VTI clusters going if your interested let me know, they are the 140mph tacho version.

$100 plus shipping :thumb: