Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By endless_eg
#348844 Okay so i have a hatchback that ive had for a long while. ive never had anything under the dash the person that had it before me said everything was removed prior to him getting it as well. So, problem being, its getting cold and im tired of being a human icicle. Where can i get some info on how to install everything under the dash so i can get heat at least. When i say everything is gone its dash, cluster, radio and wires...everything else is gone. Im trying to come up with all components so i can junk yard everything i can thats worth it and maybe a few new pieces so shit dont smell like nasty mold when i turn it on. IF anyone has a complete write up on installing and removing i would just like a post of the thread so i can see everything. As im sure everyone knows putting everything back in is like a rubix cube in a car. There is alot of components and alot of it has to be put back in a specific order so that the climate control switches all work properly and turns on. Thanks to everyone for your help in advance.
By brandoff88
#349444 my dx coupe thread should have pics and info on underdash stuff, you should also check out teal_dx 's build..TONS of info
By jefferydclark
#349469 its all plug and play so if you go to a junk yard and yank everything out, its pretty self explanatory on how you need to put it all back in. its a lot simpler than it sounds. I can have my whole dash and all components under it out in less than 30 minutes.

not a good answer I know...but just don't be scared to go this route. I promise its easier than it sounds...even if you have trouble, worst case is you don't have head still and you at least have the parts ready to install once you figure out how.
By teal_dx
#349470 If you're comfortable doing this kind of work, then the above is good advice. Go to a junk yard and take pics of each step as you remove all the parts you need. Then you'll have a reference on how it all goes back in. If you need a little extra guidance, then a helms/chiltons manual isn't a bad idea.
By brandoff88
#349489 to be honest they are right, theres not a lot under there and most of it is wiring and brackets, I wish I could post pics but I lost em all, I recently stripped my sedan to the body/frame (no wiring or anything in there) once you get the dash out and the hvac stuff, its all wiring and unbolting the stuff..then you can put it back in as you see fit. im going to remove quite a few things from the car for "racecar" purposes, like the hvac, radio, other stupid shit that plays no role for go fast haha. best advice take lots of before pics and just go slow and keep everything organized.