Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By 93sihatchguy
#345776 As with most of our hatchbacks that have the cargo cover still, it will start to have the infamous tear/wear where the lid flips open. Has anyone here reupholstered theirs and if so what material did you use? What did you do to remove the old carpet material? I've seen the DIY on making your own, but I would like to repair the OEM one I have. Pics or a DIY link found elsewhere would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:
By Driv-it-hard
#345780 I have seen them redone with speaker box fabric or in leather.
The last time I saw it being redone was at a interior reupholsters shop.
By rustyrex
#345803 I just redid mine. The previous owner cut holes for 6x9s. I used hard board to plug the holes and did a layer of 29 ounce fiberglass chop mat on the top and bottom for extra strength. I used regular speaker box carpet to cover it. But I used the back side to show. It had shorter fibers.
By rustyrex
#345881 I didn't take any. Whenever I get a chance I can post some
By 93sihatchguy
#345883 Ok cool. Did you remove the old material or just stuck more on top of the old stuff?
By rustyrex
#345892 I stripped off all the old stuff on top and bottom.
By 93sihatchguy
#349277 That's nice. Do you have pics of how you wrapped everything? Did you strip off the old material or did you just apply it over the old stuff?
By vince72310
#349279 I don't have pics bro but ill explain how I did it the best way possible. And yes I just applied over the old material.

First of all you gotta get the measurements of your covers. Next I went to Walmart and picked out a fabric I liked and get it a littler longer then your measurements cuz it needs to be tucked and wrapped on the bottom. Then in the fabric aisle there's is a blue can and its spray on adhesive aka spray on glue for fabric for like $10. To apply lay the fabric on the cover and spray one end of the cover and apply part of the fabric and pull the get out the wrinkles then work way up the cover till the whole fabric is covering your cargo covers them flip it around and all the remaining fabric cut so it won't be too long and spray the bottom with the glue and fold the fabric under and boom your done.
By 93sihatchguy
#349281 Thanks, is it harder to fold back with the extra material or does it fold the same as it did before?