Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By KROHN27
#345192 Hey guys, I hope I posted this in the right place, but I'm looking for some help with my 95 VX hatch. I just bought it about a week ago and I've since maybe put about 120 miles on the car. I didn't catch it when I test drove it, but the odometer/trip has started intermittently working. Sometimes it will work for 40 miles, others the trip won't go past a couple miles.

I've searched a bit and it seems like people most commonly have issues with the speedo not functioning, but my speedo/tach work perfectly fine, never have issues with those.

I plan on replacing the VSS, although I suspect that won't fix the problem. I was wondering if you have any ideas to get my odometer/trip working properly without having to replace them, maybe there is someone reputable who knows how to fix the issue? Or would the VSS actually have a shot at fixing it? I've seen the thread about taking the cluster out and just re-heating the solder on the circuit board to sort of re-do cracked solders. I'm not against doing that, but I'd rather use that as a last resort.

Thanks!
By lalo
#345365 Not really an expert but replacing the vss sensor should do the trick my dad used to take it off so the odometer wouln't add more miles but it did also make the speedo not work. Try checking the eletrical wires maybe something is loose? :?
By Shift
#345431 I'm having the same issue with mine and cant figure out how to fix it as yet either...
By KROHN27
#345641 Hey everyone, figured i'd follow up for those that may have the same problem.

So since my speedo and everything on the cluster worked great, (except for the odometer/trip). I tried my luck at just swapping out the speedo/odo/trip section of a used cluster.

So far, after about 150miles, everything is working perfectly.

The hardest part of the whole swap was removing the cluster bezel, and it wasn't difficult at all.

Approx time it took, maybe 35mins.