Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Phoenix288
#343047 Hi,

So I was replacing the temperature control slider on my heater control assembly. I noticed the cable that links it to the heater assembly was really tight. So much that you can't move the slider at all.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do to fix it ?
By jefferydclark
#343049 take the cable out, spray it with some WD-40 and try to work it free. if that doesn't work, go to a junk yard and buy another cable.
By Phoenix288
#343052 I found the source of the problem. The cable was bent to death. No wonder the previous owner broke the slider while trying to set the temperature.

I managed to set the cable to medium heat. That should do until I get a new cable. I am not looking too forward to taking the dash apart to replace the damn thing.

Maybe I just have to take the glove box off, at least I hope so.
By jefferydclark
#343057 even if you have to take the dash out, its a lot easier on a Honda than you'd think :) you can pull one out completely in about 30 minutes max.
By Phoenix288
#343060 I'll see when I get to it since it will be my first dash removal but I noticed that if you don't have good tools, some screws are near inaccessible.

Well I am looking forward to it. Learning to get around the civic though it was painful for my hands today, it still was fun.

Thanks for the fast reply this morning !