Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By alexwiththeeg3
#342672 So was out and about the other day and was giving someone a lift when they pointed out my back seats on the bench part were drenched. When I inspected it all the underneath was wet and when I later looked under the boot into the spare wheel well there was a puddle forming under the wheel.
I've not really got any clue where I should be checking the leak? Anyone got any experience with this problem or advice where to look?
By Leppy
#342676 I had this happen. Ever had any accidents?

Check:

-Open the trunk/hatch and look at the rubber seals, and look for cracks on the welds.

-The taillights for the rubber seals, including bulbs if the housing has any cracks in it

-The trunk/hatch lock. On my sedan, water was POURING in at the back of the lock cylinder where it enters the body of the car, not from the rubber seal where the key is inserted.

Start with those. Otherwise you could have a friend take a hose and start pouring water over the back of the car, while you stay inside with a flashlight and physically look for where water starts coming inside.
By alexwiththeeg3
#342677 Nope no accidents that I'm aware of, i'll give all the above a look over as soon as the weathers dry :)
By alexwiththeeg3
#342679 I thought it might have been either of them but there's no trace of water around the sunroof or the windows and I can't see any condensation anywhere in the car
By alexwiththeeg3
#342688 I dont think its any of the boot seals just because of the fact the actually boot and the panels around it are all dry. Its only wet underneath the boot and its worked its way from there to underneath the back seats
By alexwiththeeg3
#342690 Also found a nice big wet patch in my passenger side foot well in the front
By Leppy
alexwiththeeg3 wrote:Also found a nice big wet patch in my passenger side foot well in the front

mine did the same thing. pull your interior out (cuz you'll need to clean it anyway to keep mold from forming) and follow the water trail back to a general location.
By alexwiththeeg3
#342692 I tried it before because I had the same problem with another civic I had and all I could tell was that it was coming down the side of the ecu
By Shift
#345432 Hey guy....for the leak in the trunk.... Take off your back bumper. You will see two vents on both the left and the right. Take them out and seal around the ends with clear silicone or one of your choice, make sure to seal around the holes that the clips go in and push back in the vents. That should solve your problem.
You can let me know if it works.... It did for me. A hose wont help you find it i had to use a bucket of water over the roof sometimes the force of a hose may not be strong enough.
By alexwiththeeg3
#345433 Thanks for the advice, but I actually no longer own the civic anymore I'm afraid!