Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By couch_c
#329556 I pulled out my dash and completely forgotten about the ground wire right about the steering column. Does anyone remember where the ground wire is supposed to be connected to? My guess is the cluster but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right spot. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by couch_c on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By HeikDiesel
#329579 There's a little tab back there that the ground slides over. With the lower cover that the fuse cover pops into removed you can probably get to it that way. I'll check tonight to see how easy it is to get to from under there
By couch_c
#329890 This is what I was talking about.
The ground wire snapped off so I'm trying to find the location from where it snapped from. I'm thinking it might of pulled off from the cluster but I can't find anything.

By DirtyEye
#329930 Looks like there are two cables going to the ground?
I remember mine had only one cable as ground when I removed my dashboard two weeks ago when I replaced the entire wiring of my hatch.

I'll have a look for you tomorrow and post a pic. Maybe deschlong can clear us of if there are diffrences between your USDM and my EDM hatch concerning the grounding underneath the dashboard.
By couch_c
#329970 yeah thanks, and don't pay any attention to the extra yellow ground wire. I used it temporary for something. I'm trying to find the location of where the factory ground came from since i accidentally snapped it off.
By DirtyEye
#329991 Your grounding is correct pal as you can see on the pic I took today.
The ground position is right behind the antenna cable but see for yourself!
btw, you have to remove the knee bolster IF you want to make any changes.

By couch_c
#330055 Okay I see, would you be able to locate the end of the ground wire and where it connects to? I really appreciate your help, thanks.
By DirtyEye
couch_c wrote:Okay I see, would you be able to locate the end of the ground wire and where it connects to? I really appreciate your help, thanks.

I checked google and came up with this!
There you'll see that the ground wire is part of the dashboard wiring loom and not from the main harness. The green, grey and blue plugs on the upper right corner have to go right in the fusebox, that I remember.

Also I found this on the user manual:

By couch_c
#330106 Thanks a bunch, I'll keep looking. So far no luck, there's no lead even looking through the harnesses for a missing wire. Last resort I think I'm going to have to make a visit to a junkyard and pull out a civic dash lol.
By deschlong
#330113 That wire grounds the radio harness, that's it that's all.
By couch_c
#330118 So that grounding tab is only connected to the stock radio harness? I was hearing that the grounding tab was to ground accessories,cluster light, etc? And without it the accessories won't work? Not that you're wrong, just want to make sure we're talking about the same ground wire. Thanks
By deschlong
#330148 Everything but the radio is grounded through a pin in the fuse box. Radio ground right there. I suspect that's to minimize feedback and interference.
By DirtyEye
deschlong wrote:Everything but the radio is grounded through a pin in the fuse box. Radio ground right there. I suspect that's to minimize feedback and interference.

Then I have one question for you too buddy! As you know most modern headunits/radios have that little grounding tap on the backside, do I still have to connect that with the chassis?
Just asking because Honda already made that grounding plug we are talking about.
By deschlong
#330153 Can't seem to think of what you're referring to .....