Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By rustyrex
#327707 I just got some OEM tweeter pods for my 95 hatch. Does anyone have a template on the placement for them?
By HeikDiesel
#327713 We just visually did mine. Make sure when you hole saw it you do it through the backside so the door pannel doesn't grab and rip the vinyl.
By asianrob
HeikDiesel wrote:We just visually did mine. Make sure when you hole saw it you do it through the backside so the door pannel doesn't grab and rip the vinyl.

X2 and if your using the factory EX tweeter pods. there are circles on the back of the door panel where you can use a hole saw and and drill it. the cover of the tweeter will be big enough to cover the imperfections when you cut it.

heres a pic. i used Integra door tweeters on this car, but i've door it with civic ex tweeters same concept too. anyways barely see in this one.

By rustyrex
#327725 Yea I'm using the ex ones. Thanks for the input.
By DirtyEye
#327726 I was wondering how you connect them with the door harness?
By rustyrex
#327727 That I'm not sure. I won't be using the actual factory tweeter. I just wanted the pods to house my rockfords. I would imagine you just tap into the mid bass wires.
By asianrob
rustyrex wrote:That I'm not sure. I won't be using the actual factory tweeter. I just wanted the pods to house my rockfords. I would imagine you just tap into the mid bass wires.

thats what i did. you can get the door harness for cheap from the salvage, but its just easier to run if off the speaker wire which iirc honda just did. but if you have some components that would be idea.
By Civic_HatchSI
rustyrex wrote:I just got some OEM tweeter pods for my 95 hatch. Does anyone have a template on the placement for them?

There might be a template right on the back of the door panels like the Integra.
By asianrob
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
rustyrex wrote:I just got some OEM tweeter pods for my 95 hatch. Does anyone have a template on the placement for them?

There might be a template right on the back of the door panels like the Integra.

there is.
By rustyrex
#327886 Thanks guys. I am holding this weekend I can get them on.
By deschlong
#330260 FYI, the template on the back of the doors (at least for Coupe/Hatch panels) is not for the OEM Coupe Acoustic Research (AR) tweeters. It is for the JDM OEM Optional ones. The AR ones are a totally different size/shape. Here's a comparison from photos I have in my archives:

Blank template:
By rustyrex
#330263 I cut out along that template and my acoustic research ones worked. I had to use the passenger bracket on the drivers side and vice versa though
By deschlong
#330266 All right well now you can see the proper dimensions as well as where the little notches fit. 8)
By rustyrex
#330289 i ground off those tabs from the pods. the imaging was horrible with them mounted the way they were supposed to be.
By 93sihatchguy
#331046 Did you ever post up pics of how you mounted them?