Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By jdmdx93
#321163 I removed all bolts shown in the d.i.y. to remove the dash...
can someone tell me why i cant get this damn steering wheel area to move down!?!?!

the screw to the right of the spring...
heres a closeup of it

that one screw is angled so i cant just pull the damn steering area down...has someone had this problem?!?!? i gotta get this damn thing out. i dont know what to do!
By asianrob
#321192 just gotta wiggle it out
By familyEGuy23
#321201 Curious did you loosen the other two bolts (with the d style clamp)further back on the steering rack?
By jdmdx93
#321243 I did! wiggling does not work in this situation! im clueless
still havent got it off
By HeikDiesel
#321251 Did you get the screws behind the top dash vent?
By jdmdx93
#321262 yea the dash is all disconnected. it pulls out but need that steering wheel and turn singal, light switches out of the way....
the d.i.y. says to have the steering wheel drop after you take off the bolts. the last bolt i took off was from the picture above but it will NOT pull down...that damn screw is angled not straight down, but angled towards the driver. so it wont just pull down

tried wiglling
tried pulling steering wheel towards me.
tried almost every thing...
even took a heavy duty flat head, put it agains the screw and hit it with a mallot to make it angle downward
nothing has worked
By TrailerTrash
#321277 heres an exploded view

part #2 is a clamp further down the column that holds the column in place. undo bolts #17 and the entire column drops down to make way for the dash to come out

EDIT: im like 99% sure on this one :lol: