Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By rustyrex
#319010 I am gonna be putting my hatchback away for the winter soon. I plan on doing some work to it mainly focusing on the interior. My buddy works for a local aviation manufacturer and has access to carbon fiber and offered to make a few things for me. My question is about the center consoles. Are all of the consoles the same from the 2,3 and 4 door? I want him to make either a carbon fiber or Kevlar center console and armrest. He has a 4 door with a armrest and my dude in Madison has a 2 door armrest to use as molds. Also as far as steering wheels. How would I turn off the SRS light once I install a new wheel?

Here's my plan most of it is already started:
Carbon fiber or Kevlar center console and armrest
New steering wheel and quick release
German flag headliner and door card rewrap
Dye or switch to a black interior
Custom audio, MB Quart and selenium mids and high up front Rockford costars in rear with 2000 civic head unit and factory 6 disk changer with JL audio clean sweep
Hopefully more comfortable seats
Led dash, dome and hatch lights. (I'm making them now a lot cheaper than buying them)
New carpet and floor mats
Find factory gauges with a tach damn cx doesn't have one
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
rustyrex wrote:I am gonna be putting my hatchback away for the winter soon. I plan on doing some work to it mainly focusing on the interior. My buddy works for a local aviation manufacturer and has access to carbon fiber and offered to make a few things for me. My question is about the center consoles. Are all of the consoles the same from the 2,3 and 4 door? I want him to make either a carbon fiber or Kevlar center console and armrest. He has a 4 door with a armrest and my dude in Madison has a 2 door armrest to use as molds. Also as far as steering wheels. How would I turn off the SRS light once I install a new wheel?

Here's my plan most of it is already started:
Carbon fiber or Kevlar center console and armrest
New steering wheel and quick release
German flag headliner and door card rewrap
Dye or switch to a black interior
Custom audio, MB Quart and selenium mids and high up front Rockford costars in rear with 2000 civic head unit and factory 6 disk changer with JL audio clean sweep
Hopefully more comfortable seats
Led dash, dome and hatch lights. (I'm making them now a lot cheaper than buying them)
New carpet and floor mats
Find factory gauges with a tach damn cx doesn't have one

The center consoles are all the same from coupe to 4-door to hatch.
As for the SRS, the simplest way is to pull your cluster out and remove the light. it wont change the fact that srs is off but you wont see the annoying yellow light.. hope this helps. Any questions just ask.
By Apexracing
#320041 I think there is a resistor combo you can solder into the circuit. I know this is done on newer cars. Would a non srs ecu make a difference. Or can the whole srs system be deleted?
By teal_dx
#320044 When I unplugged & removed the box for the SRS system, I did not have an SRS light. The box is behind the center console, by the bottom of the firewall.
By rustyrex
#320045 So basically just remove the entire system?