Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By jred
#310428 Have you ever had a passenger pulling and yanking your door handles to open a locked door?, it's annoying :x
Dont know if its because of this or it's just a flaw with EG's but the inner door handles are forever breaking. and most handles break at the same point as shown in the pics below, i think its a weak point on these handles

If your like me and got fed up of trying to locate some used handles or dont wanna spend alot of money on new one's..try this. Here's alittle DIY i made :thumb:

- First removed the handle from the door by unscrewing the screw and
pushing the handle towards the dashboard to unhook it from the door,
then unhook the rod attached at the back of the handle, pretty simple
stuff

- What you'll need is Fibreglass matting, Resin, Hardener, Rubber bands,
small brush or sponge.

- Position the handle back as one piece and use Rubber bands to hold it together.

- Cut the fibreglass matting into about 1/2 inch wide x 2 inch long strips

- Mix resin and hardener as specified "equal amount hardener to resin"
and apply to fibreglass matting using a brush or sponge "i used a sponge because i didn't have a brush small enough, 3-4 layers will do the job
oh yeah use gloves! i didn't and had to spend a 1/2 hour trying to get he junk off my hands :x

- Drying period should be around 12hrs. When the fibreglass is dried trim off the excess and sand it a little to to neatened it up.

- Now reinstall the handle back onto your door and your all set :thumb:

my handle came out kind of scrappy because im not very good at fibre glassing. i did a break test by twisting and bending the handle and it was unbreakable :D
i would suggest fibre glassing the back of you handles even if its not broken just to add strength to it and prevent it from breaking in the future.
Well that was my attempt at a DIY, thanks for reading :thumb:
Last edited by jred on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By crazy-88
#310485 a lil body filler n a shot of paint, and it will look perfect.