Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#308291 So thinking about picking up a NRG Combo Deal.

But I am alwasy worried someone will steal the Hatch :( So I am wondring If I get the Hub Lock How safe is it? What good does it do if the theif can just knock out the Key Cylinder like in the Steering wheel lock?

Is it really that much of a Hassel for them to knock that out?

I wanna pick it up, but dont wanna have the theifs be able to just break the Hub lock.
Looking at the HUB It said it is made from steel, and has some sort of ball bearing lock? but how easy would that be to punch out and steal?
By akoutmos
#309005 I'm looking at picking one up myself. Honestly...if someone tries hard enough they can steal anything. These do look good though and would prevent the would be thieves from making off with your car. The lock itself looks pretty solid and NRG does have a good rep when it comes to these things.

These guys have some good prices and combos:
weaksauceparts [dot] com/store/home.php?cat=1929
By DontHateonEG8
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:So thinking about picking up a NRG Combo Deal.

But I am alwasy worried someone will steal the Hatch :( So I am wondring If I get the Hub Lock How safe is it? What good does it do if the theif can just knock out the Key Cylinder like in the Steering wheel lock?

Is it really that much of a Hassel for them to knock that out?

I wanna pick it up, but dont wanna have the theifs be able to just break the Hub lock.
Looking at the HUB It said it is made from steel, and has some sort of ball bearing lock? but how easy would that be to punch out and steal?

i have nrg setup. the nrg site had pictures of them trying to break the lock and they couldn't do anything. i guess you cause more damage to the lock and the thieves are SOL at that point. i like mine and the sense of security.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309935 Hopefully gonna pick one up once the car is running again.
By jadeydrag0117
#312543 if you get hub lock + alarm system , id say it would be SAFE since theyd have to be able to break off/ maybe pick the hub lock's lock while the alarm is on ! :thumb:
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#312552 :thumb: Heard good things about NRG. I personally dont use one cuz i have a MOMO steering wheel. I just use a Club and a beast Alarm system.
By DontHateonEG8
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote::thumb: Heard good things about NRG. I personally dont use one cuz i have a MOMO steering wheel. I just use a Club and a beast Alarm system.

im running nrg setup with MOMO steering wheel.
Is the a reason you mentioned your wheel?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote::thumb: Heard good things about NRG. I personally dont use one cuz i have a MOMO steering wheel. I just use a Club and a beast Alarm system.

Its cuz i have a momo hub unless it can mount on top of it.
By DontHateonEG8
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:

you need a hub to mount the quick release.

Im running MOMO hub, NRG QR and momo tuner wheel. it puts the wheel closer to the driver. i actually like it being closer to me, but you may find it annoying.

Also im running a regular QR, not thin QR
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:

Im running MOMO hub, NRG QR and momo tuner wheel. it puts the wheel closer to the driver. i actually like it being closer to me, but you may find it annoying.

yea im a big guy already... i think itll be too close for me
By DontHateonEG8
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:

yea im a big guy already... i think itll be too close for me

in that case i would suggest NRG short hub and regular QR so that way you can use the lock hub.
By corcora2
#314964 I have the whole NRG setup, including wheel and quick lock. I think it's a good buy because the key itself isnt like a normal key because the pieces to unlock it are circular and in the key itself. I don't know how someone could "pick it" per say, but I'd say it definitely helps with mental security and if you buy a good alarm, you shouldn't be worried unless your car is super fancy and you parked it on a sketch street in the hood. Someone will just tow your ass then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDXh_QLcuKg

just go to 5:45 and watch that shit!
By Punksz6
#314967 That is why I got my NRG quick release setup. I don't have the lock and have been wanting to get it for better protection. I think just having the quick release is good because it just makes it harder for thieves to try and steal your car. They would have to have a quick release with a steering wheel to attach to the hub. I do have an alarm too though and a kill switch. I think its a pretty good investment!! :thumb:
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:That is why I got my NRG quick release setup. I don't have the lock and have been wanting to get it for better protection. I think just having the quick release is good because it just makes it harder for thieves to try and steal your car. They would have to have a quick release with a steering wheel to attach to the hub. I do have an alarm too though and a kill switch. I think its a pretty good investment!! :thumb:

yeah QR + hub lock + alarm system prob the best way to go

since first they have to get into the car then
pick the hub's lock while the car alarm is off :thumb:

then by that time you can arrive b4 your car is gone and kick them in the face