Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By neo27ny
#300115 Anyone have a rear seat delete done on a sedan here? I'm gonna try and attempt this. Kinda defeats the purpose of having four doors but I never have multiple passengers and it will give me an open space to work with to put some subs and amps in the car. I'm trying to come up with some different ideas and designs. I'm putting together an sq system, I don't want a ton of bass. I'm gonna put three 8's in. I was thinking a raised platform so I can hide everything underneath and build the box into the platform and have the subs facing out the front or straight up on the edge of where the seat would be. Or a thin flush basically carpeted cover like the rear spare cardboard and comes up and covers the seat area, then I would surface mount all the audio equipment. I'll have to tear the seat and stuff out and see what I'm working with, I'm basically just running through some ideas in my head right now.
By DontHateonEG8
#300275 Cool idea man!!
check out my post in this thread
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=23723

there is a company that makes the seat delete kit for hatchbacks and hondatuning article on installation
that should give you some jump start with your project!!

make sure you document it on here, bro, so that way people can chip in with their ideas and possibly make your design even better!! :thumb:

good luck!
By neo27ny
#300399 I saw another post on this forum from someone that started a rear seat delete build. That was like 2 years ago with no pics or updates...I'm heading outside now to tear my car apart and see what we got and hopefully get some ideas.
By neo27ny
#300402 Well it's a little too cold for me to do much right now. So far I think I'm gonna be using the spare cover as a template for the back half.

*edit got my jacket and john deere hat on and back out to see whats what. I'll be starting with the spare tire cover as a template for the rear half but as you can see I don't have the best cover to work with. You can't tell from the top shot, but the side view pic you can see how badly bowed it is. So first order of business is straightening up the cover.

By neo27ny
#300407 Ok here's where I'm at. I have wet towels on the cardboard with weight on top of it to press it flat. As the water from the towels soak the cardboard it will become pliable. Once it's wet and pliable and stays fairly flat on it's own you swap to dry towels with weight on top. That will suck the moisture back out and with the weight on top it will dry flat. I just did a quick job, I'm not looking for perfection, just a decent template to use for the seat delete. I did do this same thing for the cargo box lid in my crx and it came out nearly perfect.

5 gallon bucket with water and an old amp for weights lol.
By neo27ny
#300470 It's gonna be awhile for an update we are getting snow here...I've been running ideas through my head though and I think I'm gonna go with a raised false floor type of setup like most are. Also there are brackets on the sides that might have to be removed, think they are supports for the back of the seat.
By DontHateonEG8
neo27ny wrote:It's gonna be awhile for an update we are getting snow here...I've been running ideas through my head though and I think I'm gonna go with a raised false floor type of setup like most are. Also there are brackets on the sides that might have to be removed, think they are supports for the back of the seat.

yeah def those triangles gotta go
By neo27ny
#300751 I'm gonna have to build something else in place of them, they hold the stock interior carpeting which connects to them with fasteners. I would like to keep as much as the interior/carpet as i can. I don't know if I'm gonna be able, I may have to strip the carpet. Anyway just a quick update, I got the cardboard spare cover fairly straight. Plan to go pick up some MDF at lowes and some boards for the base and try to get some type of support structure put together and hopefully a template for the top floor this weekend. I have to take some measurements and figure out how tall I want the false floor base. I need it tall enough so I can build and enclosure for two 8's into the front of it. Anyone know where I can get some carpeting to match the grey interior as close as possible? Also all the diy rear deletes I've seen, they've screwed brackets into the body of the car to hold the support frame. I don't really like the idea of this, for one I don't want holes all over the car and second I'm afraid to drill into something. Any ideas?
By DontHateonEG8
neo27ny wrote:I'm gonna have to build something else in place of them, they hold the stock interior carpeting which connects to them with fasteners. I would like to keep as much as the interior/carpet as i can. I don't know if I'm gonna be able, I may have to strip the carpet. Anyway just a quick update, I got the cardboard spare cover fairly straight. Plan to go pick up some MDF at lowes and some boards for the base and try to get some type of support structure put together and hopefully a template for the top floor this weekend. I have to take some measurements and figure out how tall I want the false floor base. I need it tall enough so I can build and enclosure for two 8's into the front of it. Anyone know where I can get some carpeting to match the grey interior as close as possible? Also all the diy rear deletes I've seen, they've screwed brackets into the body of the car to hold the support frame. I don't really like the idea of this, for one I don't want holes all over the car and second I'm afraid to drill into something. Any ideas?

you'd have to drill the brackets, there is no way for it to be sturdy. if you decide to go back to stock, you could always jb weld the holes and you will be fine :thumb:

don't forget to make access holes to your fuel pump and the spare tire :)
By neo27ny
#300786 Well most likely it won't be going back to stock, but I am still worried about drilling into something. Also making an access door to the fuel pump might be a problem, thats where I had planned on building the box for my speakers. I'm gonna have to start building and figure it out as I go. I may have to make the front top of it flip up so I can remove the box if I ever need to get in there.
By DontHateonEG8
#300840 just don't drill too far in, other than that you could drill in half way - just enough for the self tapping screw to catch on and do the rest of the work