Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By jred
#298054 i have a ITR non air bag steering wheel and the horn switch started sticking on me , and i have to pound the steering a couple times for it to stop, sorta embarrassing at times :lol: , my guess is its the contacts, should i just spray a bit of contact cleaner on it or is there more to it?

here's a pic of the type of steering wheel i have if it might help

By asianrob
#298185 my horn did that with too. but i had after market steering wheel

on the back is a plate where the contact point meets the plate. the plate is loose and can move around like side to side or what ever. if you stabilize it to where it's stationary it should stop it. Theoretically atleast
By DontHateonEG8
asianrob wrote:my horn did that with too. but i had after market steering wheel

on the back is a plate where the contact point meets the plate. the plate is loose and can move around like side to side or what ever. if you stabilize it to where it's stationary it should stop it. Theoretically atleast

is there like a tension plate that pushes the airbag portion away from the back of the steering wheel?
By asianrob
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
asianrob wrote:my horn did that with too. but i had after market steering wheel

is there like a tension plate that pushes the airbag portion away from the back of the steering wheel?

there is a plate but mine had no tension. it kinda just sat there. as far as an OEM steering wheel would go that plate would be at the very back and it looks like it would be stationary.

heres a couple of links to see pics of it.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1926111
ill also provide one with a JDM steering wheel.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=273474