Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By nuffstarz
#297949 hello I'm new to this so i don't know if i am in the right spot. I have a 1995 honda civic e.g. coupe ex. i have antifreeze on the passenger side foot well. Its not a lot but u can tell it is leaking. I took it to my mechanic and he said 600 to fix it omg! i was wondering if it was difficult to do this on my own. i have worked on my car with all other problems but never a big job like this. i was wondering has anyone here ever don it and if so was it a pain? :x and if i connect the two hoses that go to the heater core wil this bypass it?
By blk92hb
#297966 its a easy job just take your time and you will be all right. start by removing the coolant hoses from under the hood thats on the fire wall. then work your way inside under the glove box. :thumb: good luck
By nuffstarz
#297969 do i have to take the whole dash apart to get to the heater core?
By EJ1_MK
#297994 you might as well remove the dash makes it a lot easier to get to. There is a bolt on the firewall by the coolant hoses that you will need to take off to get that part of the box out. I have taken two of these units out in the last several months and looked at them closely and did not look like to would be serviceable with out complete removal.

You might have a cracked hose though, they do that, my integra did that and all I had to do was replace the hose. easy just reach down there and feel if there is coolant there. the hose cracks it flows right down the heater core tube and down the inside of the firewall to your floor board.
By SteaveO2
#298061 You have to drop the steering column (4 bolts) and remove the dash (6-7 bolts) to get to it. There is also one bolt on the firewall side that holds the heater core box in.