Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By HiTec
#296694 While waiting parts, i had to do something useful. I remembered that i had problems with the climate control.
I took some pics while fixing the motor. Hope this DIY is useful to somebody.

Some bird could get a nice nest...:

Fixing the annoying sound motor:

Unscrew the motor from the plastic assembly under the clove box, and unscrew these screws:

Get the rotor out from the axle using some pliers, bench and little hammer:

Use compressed air to blow all those shit off. As you can see in this pic, you cant change the brushes easily, cause there isn´t enough room:

Snap the motor backplate off:

Find a flat metal thingy, put it in a place showed in a picture (watch out the "coils") and carefully hammer the motor out (not completely) from the plastic::

Hammer it so it looks like this. (You can now clean and oil the lower bearing. Oil that "spongebob" looking thing too):

Unclip the plates that hold the brushes and pull the brushes out. Snap out the old ones, and solder in the new brushes (i used the file to modify my alternator brushes to right size): put it all together again and remember to clean and oil the upper bearing:

Use hammer to get the motor back to its plastic assembly, wash all ther parts and put it together and test. Its quiet :wink:

By TrailerTrash
#296753 pretty neato! my blower motor doesnt seem to have the power to push hardly any air out of the vents im planning to rip the dash out and see whats up this summer. plus with 290k on it theres bound to be alot of crap down in there.

me and my buddy tore the airbox out of his 325k miles sedan to see why the blower motor wasnt working and we removed, i kid you not, 7lbs of leaves, dirt, and twigs from it. we put it in a bag and weighed it... granted it was all damp and wetish but it was still alot of crap.

heat worked fine after that :thumb:
By bigpunn421
#296796 is this a dash out job? or can i leave it in and remove the glove box?

i wanted to replace my cabin air filter and clean the vents and fan.
By HiTec
#296802 Just remove the glove box, and that little metal plate thats behind it :) Few bolts and its out.

By Fada Blayne
#296806 Good looks man i'm sure this will come in really handy. Might just do it later today. My first 2 speeds don't work, i'm assuming the contacts in the climate control must be broken. Any ideas how to fix it? Think a new climate control is a must?
By HiTec
#296809 Thanks!

If your 2 first speed dont work, but the others are fine, you need to check the resistors. If you look at this picture, the resistors are in the upper right corner of the picture, those spring looking parts:

By TrailerTrash
bigpunn421 wrote:
i wanted to replace my cabin air filter and clean the vents and fan.

pretty sure there is no such filter on an eg