Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By LaosToaster
#286919 As the title states, i want to make a x brace bar but i need to kno a few things like;

What mounting points should i use? Like the rear shock towers and c pillar(seatbelt bolt hole)

Would it be better to have a pivoting joint at the mounting points just like what strut bars have? Or is it ok to kust weld the bar directly to the mounting point?

If anyone has pics for reference it would be awesome. :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#286983 Well if your going to build your own really any and all areas with bolts holes are there for you to use could go crazy but yea the only reason strut bars have those joints is so they dont have to be perfect to fit if i were you id pick an area put your mounts in bolted up like they should be if you had everything set maybe use the pivot mounts or some moveable mount on the strut so if you ever decided to take it out you wont have a hard time other then that your looking at mounts and bars and cutting and welding pretty much it once you find out where your mounting i dont really know the best place to mount a xbrace but id look at a few high end ones and go from there take a look at other designs and draw up your own etc
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#287001 i would look up where it would be most useful to mount it... after that just make sure the welds are legit and the hardware you use wont shear under stress