Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By EGCiviCKid
#286365 hi guys,

got some LED strips off ebay.. no idea how to fit them lol
i know its a simple job and i know they have a ground and a positive wire and they tap into the fuse box some how.

please can someone tell me which wire is best to tap into and how do i find the right one cuz there is millionz :)

cheers
By Ajax1989
#286386 Tap into the wire for ur dome light so it turns when you open the door.. or if you want em on all the time just tap into a fuse that is on when the ignition is on like your windows
By EGCiviCKid
#286389 Oh ok cheers mate any idea on how I locate the dome light wire? Do you know the colour?
By EGCiviCKid
#286400 cheers for the info buddy
By Flatland_EG
#286443 You might also consider wiring in an inline switch so you can turn them on and off when you choose. :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#286445 The dome light has the option of on off and only on when door open
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#286450 True, but that switch is in the domelight itself. The green white wire sends power to the dome light after the switch in the door is activated. Tapping into the dome light switch is possible, but probably more work than necessary.
By EGCiviCKid
#286514 Ok wot bout the ciggerette lighter?
By Flatland_EG
#286526 Plus, what if wants just the foot well lights on and not the dome light?
Or perhaps he likes to cruise with his foot well lights on, there's a pretty good chance of getting pulled over if he's driving with his dome light on as well.
By EGCiviCKid
Flatland_EG wrote:Plus, what if wants just the foot well lights on and not the dome light?
Or perhaps he likes to cruise with his foot well lights on, there's a pretty good chance of getting pulled over if he's driving with his dome light on as well.

(':thumb:') thats what im looking for budddy! wanna cruise rnd with them on, dont rely want the dome light on tho.

some one plz advise best wire to tap into and the colour of it! ..help! :(
By Apexracing
EGCiviCKid wrote:
Flatland_EG wrote:Plus, what if wants just the foot well lights on and not the dome light?

(':thumb:') thats what im looking for budddy! wanna cruise rnd with them on, dont rely want the dome light on tho.

some one plz advise best wire to tap into and the colour of it! ..help! :(

Remove the lower console that has the cigarette lighter and the ash tray. there should be a light attached to your ash tray. This light turns on when your running lights or head lights is on. And its 12 v. this is a very good place to tap into for aftermarket lighting.
By EGCiviCKid
#286535 spot on apexracing spot on!!
By Apexracing
#286537 thanks, on previous eg's i remove the ash tray and just put a led bulb in there. lights up the interior nicely.
By EGCiviCKid
#286540 what the ash tray light will light interior when replaced with led? what leds are you using??